Adding Spec Sheets to Product Description

Casey_Kennedy
Visitor
1 0 1

My store requires some products to have Spec Sheet PDF's added below the description that a user can then click on. Is there a way to do this without having to edit the code or hire a developer? 

Replies 14 (14)

May
Shopify Staff
333 33 176

Hi Casey,

This is May from Shopify.

You can definitely add a link on your product page that links to a PDF file. Let’s go through this together!

• First of all, you will want to upload your PDF file to your store. To do this, you’ll need to go to your admin and click on ‘Settings > Files > Upload Files’ then, select the PDF file you wish to upload. We also have a guide that goes over how to upload files to your website on our Shopify help doc.

• After you upload your file, copy the URL.

• Go to ‘Products’ and select the product you wish to edit.

• On the product description, type in the hyperlink text you wish to appear on your product page, then highlight it and click on this icon: to link the text.

• Paste the URL on the ‘Link to’ field, and you can choose if you want the link to open on the same window or a new window by selecting the dropdown.

• Finally, click ‘Insert link’ and ‘Save’ your changes.

Check out this link for a video tutorial on all the steps we went over above.

Hope this helps! If you run into any troubles or have any questions at all, feel free to reply to this thread or contact our 24/7 support!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

If we would like to add pdf button near options of a product in the product description page, please advise

Intellect Outsource: Elevate Your Shopify Store! Experts in Product Data Entry, Bulk Uploads, and Customer Support. Boost Your eCommerce Success with Us!
Thisby_Habibi
Visitor
1 0 0

The way I did this was by downloading a free pdf icon from here https://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/pdf_136522?term=pdf&page=1&position=79 then inserting it into the product description, then creating a hyperink to the datasheet page.

Hope that helps

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

If we have pdf uploading insertion button just near the product description editing page as we process in the Magento platform, it would be great.

According to your message, we can list pdf link. But it is very difficult. If you could provide more easy method, please advise

Intellect Outsource: Elevate Your Shopify Store! Experts in Product Data Entry, Bulk Uploads, and Customer Support. Boost Your eCommerce Success with Us!
jerryHPM
Tourist
3 0 2

IS there actually a way to automatically generate a pdf by pulling the product fields instead of uploading every pdf for a product? Is this possible? I know we can pull in template fields or certain variable in email templates to customer. I know Craft Commerce allows this, If this is possible is there documentation to do this?

MartinNovotny1
Tourist
11 0 4

This would be very much what we are looking for as well. 

jerryHPM
Tourist
3 0 2

I cant believe there is not an app for this yet,  I tried using jsPDF but off the gate it is very wonky. 

ty420
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Martin have you found a solution to the above question yet?

ty420
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi JerryHPM, its been 2 years since you've asked this question were you able to find a resolution 🙂 currently in the process of trying to figure out the same 

AgileAttachment
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I know it's been a while, but if you are still looking, then Agile Attachments can generate PDF files based on the product attributes.

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

Hi May, Any new updates regarding this subject? Please advise

We are not only looking such a new option but instead according to the below information, others also looking the same method to implement it in their store

LUCIEN
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also looking for a PDF file to add to a product.

I like to drag and drop instead of putting it in the descriptions links which is too much work.

Intellect_Outs1
Excursionist
75 0 12

Hi @LUCIEN 

We have not seen such drag and drop pdf file adding app in Shopify

We have enough application in other ecommerce platforms such as Magento and Woocommerce. We are experienced in those applications

Presently we need to upload PDFs into "Files" section and include in description with "HTML" code. This is the only successful solution in Shopify. We have noticed few apps for this feature. But no one are satisfied using app

If any one has more experience and who are satisfied any of the app regarding the same subject, please share

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @Casey_Kennedy,

I think I have just the solution you're looking for!

Using the Free Ease Product Attachments App is the perfect way to add your Spec Sheet PDFs to your product pages in a way that captures customer attention and is easy to download.

The best part is that the app is super easy to use and doesn't require any coding knowledge. Plus, there are tutorial videos and detailed documentation available to help you set up your files quickly and easily.

Not only can you upload your Spec Sheet PDFs with ease, but you can also upload other file types and formats. And the app makes it easy to assign your files to different products and collections in your store.

I've included an example below of how the Ease Product Attachments App might look on your product pages. I really hope you find this solution useful and that it helps you to improve your customers' experience on your site.

add pdf files to shopify.png

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support