Adding Video to product images in Debut

Solved
Highlighted
7 0 0

I am using Debut for two of my websites but I can't seem to upload images to the products.  Is there a way to get Debut to do that or is there a theme that has video uploads that are easy to use?  I really don't want to change my theme if I don't have to.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

Hi @Shahraz 

Debut allows both video and image uploads to products.

In the individual product settings, simply upload or link the video / image files in the 'Media' section.

MelsMojoBob_0-1599226718690.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I tried that but it won't display the video ad.  I keep getting this error.  

Media error.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

@Shahraz 

It will always display that message. We last used Debut a few months ago, but all of our product videos worked fine and that message continued to display. We use a different theme now, our product videos still work fine, and we still see that message.

I can see from your screenshot that the video appears to have populated in the media section on the product settings page. So I'm assuming the issue is that it continues not to show on the front end product page?

Have you customized any code in your product.liquid or product-template.liquid files?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

No I haven't.  Found that a bit too complicated for me.  Was scared I would disrupt something! lol  

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

It populates but it does not show video when you search the product online. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

Can you share your store URL?

Also, if you have the store in pw protected mode, will need the pw.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
The website is www.shamin.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
293 32 66

@Shahraz 

Ok, yes looking at the code in your theme, it does appear to be an outdated version of the theme. You will need to download a newer copy of the theme from the theme store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Does that mean setting up the store again in the new updated theme? Sorry
for all the questions but I am so not web literate.
0 Likes