Adding a Community Forum to my site

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

I am looking to add a community forum to my website, so customers can chat with each other on various topics, questions etc (not for customer support).

Is this possible? Any third party add ons that fit this goal? Or should I hire a Shopify expert to code something?

Ian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 90

Hi, @Ian_Illgen!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

That's a good question, and I really like the idea of creating a community on your store. Not only it helps build your audience, it's also great for your SEO! After searching through our app store, I found a few apps that you might find helpful.

These apps allow your visitors to start a topic/discussion with other users, and they can talk to each other within the discussion. If you are curious to learn more about each app and its features, you can visit the app's page and find out about the details there. You can also preview the app from the demo linked in the page. 

If you decide to download one of these apps, usually there will be an additional subscription cost since you’ll be using their service. For future reference, in case you run into any technical issues with the app or if you have any question in general, you can reach out to the developers directly.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support.

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
17 1 1

Hi @May 

Is there any APP that I can add to my site for free?

BR.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
87 29 20

Disqus is free and provides code that you can copy/paste into your site!

Is your store fast enough? Compare your store's speed against hundreds of others for free with our benchmarker - https://www.rvere.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 8

Check out Answerbase who has been powering community Q&A forums for huge brands for over a decade, and recently released their Shopify integration.   It's proven to be a very powerful source of driving organic traffic to small businesses....as the content is gobbled up by Google and gets into results when customers are asking similar product questions online like this:

google-result.png

Inquiries like that are being asked all the time for customers on their shopping journey, and Answerbase has tracked the Average Lifetime Value of customers coming from the community Q&A content is up to 2x more valuable than your average Google traffic.   Speaks to where those search visitors are in their customer journey.  There is one case study on Answerbase's site where an SMB merchant quadrupled the search traffic to their store.

There is easy integration into your Shopify store through powering a product question and answer app, where product Q&A gets the customer engagement going...and then the community expands from there on the actual community platform.   This helps ensure that you not only have a Q&A forum available, but that customers are actually engaging it and its creating useful content for your site.

Should increase your conversions too, since up to 75% of the questions answered through answerbase convert to a sale. Here is another case study that covers that result.

1 Like