Adding a 'New Arrivals' Collection

GaitaCo
Tourist
9 0 2

I've seen this topic come up a couple of times, but the answers are not always very clear and as its been a while I wondered if there had been any changes.

I want to create an automated 'New Arrivals' collection. I've seen that this can be done by editing your collection liquid code. I'm confident to tweek these a bit, but worried about changing all of my collections. 

What I want is for one single collection to be set on automation to show the newest item first, this is not a problem. But then for this one collection to either stop showing items after X date, when the collection has reached a certain number of products, or to be one page long only.

Can anybody help me with this?

Replies 5 (5)

jpbertram
Explorer
40 0 80

Hey @GaitaCo!

Have you thought about using Parabola for this?

You can set up a flow that looks for new inventory and automatically pushes it to your New Arrivals collection at whatever interval you choose: daily, hourly, etc. The same flow can also remove old items or limit the number of products in the collection.

Let me know if you need help getting started!

JP

kpvw
Shopify Partner
96 3 18

If you are okay with using an app, you can try Advanced Collections - https://apps.shopify.com/advanced-custom-collections - you can create a collection based on products created, updated or published within X number of days, and the app will sync it every hour or so. There is a 7 days free trial period too. Hope this helps.

Vellir
Shopify Partner
146 32 41

For anyone still looking for a solution for this problem, we recently created an app that automatically adds products to a "new arrivals" collection and remove them after X days.

You can try it out for free: https://apps.shopify.com/newr

No coding required.

Also, feel free to message me in private if there's any questions.

- Looking for a Wishlist? Try First Wish

- Shopify Merchants, manage your new arrivals with Newr

- Shopify Developers, if you're looking into selling your app to focus on other projects, drop me a line.

BugShallNotPass
Shopify Partner
32 1 9

I've recently created this New Arrivals app that perfectly fits your requirement. It can automatically tag and untag products based on creation or publishing date. You can set up a concrete period of time the products should be considered to be "new". It will automatically remove the tag after a specified period of time.

Try it out and let me know what you think. Reach me out via the support email you can find on the app page if you have any questions.

I'm happy to help you to set up an automated tag-based new arrivals collection if have any issues with that.

Xmas Shopify app - beautiful falling snow animation
New Arrivals Shopify app - automatically tag/untag products based on creation/publishing date
Motion - scrolling text announcements
Best Sellers Shopify app - and automate bestseller collections based on quantities or sales
Stash Shopify app - hide products from search results and search engines

axlycompany
Visitor
1 0 0

I know this was several years ago but thought I put this in here in case someone looks for it as I figured out the best way to do this. I can only think Shopify hasn't done this feature because there are so many apps for it. However, there is a work around that I figured out.

Step 1 - Go to product (s) add a date as a tag. This can be the month or actual date 03-0124 for example (any date entered can be used).

Step 2 - Collection you want to use. Choose Automated > Product Tags with Equal to > and the date or month you entered.

For example:

• You uploaded products for March. In the tags you can put "March" or "03-01-24". Then in the New Arrivals Collection, you just add the same tag.
  • Then when you upload April products, you add the tag "April" or "04-01-24" and update the date "03-01-24" to "04-01-24". This will automatically remove the old and update the new products.
  • You don't even need to worry about going back to the old products to remove the tags unless you want or need to for other specific reasons.