Adding a PDF download to product descriptions

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

Is there a way to add a PDF download/view link to a product description ?

My site sells model kits and quite often modellers have lost or messed up the instructions and need a copy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
533 58 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Mad_Modeler. Thanks for your question. 

There IS a way to add a link to a PDF from within your product description. The first step is to go to ‘Settings > Files’ and follow the steps in this Help Doc for Uploading files to your website to upload the PDF to your admin. 

Then, within the description section of your product page, you will insert a link to the file. The Help Doc for Using the rich text editor will guide you through how to do that. Additionally, there is a forum post here that also has the steps and screenshots to help you work through it.

What a considerate way to anticipate the needs of your customers, and reduce your own support debt! For additional tips to providing outstanding customer service, take a look at Customer Service 101: A Guide to Providing Stand-Out Support Experiences.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Or you can just use a product description app on Shopify.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
54 0 10

Why would I pay for an app when Shopify allows me to do it for free ?

It's a no-brainer

0 Likes