Adding a custom form to a page?

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi!

I have a contact page using my themes standard contact form. However, I would also like to add another custom form to one of my content pages. I would love to use the same functionality as the contact page form, just a different heading for the text field.

Is this possible? Can I create and add a form manually in the html of a certain page?

Any help very appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 79

Hey Barr, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

You can definitely use your theme's standard contact form on one of your other pages. You can see all the details on how the contact page templates work on this page in our Shopify Manual. Additionally, if you know your way around coding, this page will walk you through how to make any changes you need to it! 

If you need to change one contact form template, but keep the original one as is, you can also copy the template and make a second one. This page will walk you through the details on how to do that! Then just make sure you assign the right template for each of your pages and you'll be good to go! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Thank you Ann, that will probably help me achieve what I want.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi. Ive done this on venture but now my <div class="grid__item one-whole"> has shifted to the left of the page from being on the right. Is there a recommended way to move it back to its original place heres to link to the page im working on https://kuroonline.co.za/products/bowers-wilkins-nautilus-pair-black?contact_posted=true#contact_for...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Does it require to create another liquid file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I really don't understand coding. how can i customize the contact page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks Ann. This page you referenced has some great info.

But what about creating a form with custom backend functionality? The Contact form just sends emails. What if we wanted the form submissions to also create a data record to be viewed in the CMS?

0 Likes