Adding a developer

meames
2 0 1

How do I add a developer to help me set up my store?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 179

Hey, @meames

Tira here to help.

Thanks for reaching out. Have you already hired a developer to work on your store? If you have and are looking to add them to your store to continue helping you with your store, you can add them as a Collaborator. A collaborator account allows a developer to access and make changes to your store.

Here are how collaborator permissions and accounts work:

Collaborator permissions give Partners access to only the sections of your store that you want them to see, and don't count towards your store's staff limit. After a Shopify Partner submits a request to access your store, you receive an email about the request and a notification on your Shopify Home.

You can require Shopify Partners to enter a collaborator request code when you submit a collaborator request, to more effectively control the requests that you receive. When the code is required, only the Partners who you share the code with can request access to your store.

Collaborators can request and be given all available permissions in your store, except permissions to view, add, or remove staff. Carefully consider which permissions a collaborator needs to complete their tasks. Check out our help docs with our Collaborator FAQ on how you can set-up access to your store: About collaborator permissions.

To request access to your store the developer can make a request through their Partner Dashboard. They can find the steps to do this in our help doc here: Request access to a client’s store.

Once your developer has been added as a collaborator to your store, they will be able to work on your store.

I would love to know if this is helpful!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes