Adding a pick up address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Can anyone kindly tell me where I could include a pick up address for customers who choose to collect their goods? We do not have a retail store, so need to advise where they must collect from. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @skatonline!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for posting this question, and welcome to the Community. 

There are a few different ways that we can look at integrating a pick up address onto your site to make it visible for customers who are collecting their orders.

However, to find the best option for your business, can you tell me a bit more about how you offer this option currently? Do you use an app to offer this method, or do you have a pickup option added as a shipping method in the 'Settings > Shipping'  section of your admin? 

In the meantime, here are some options we can consider to display this pick up address to your customers: 

1. If you have the pickup option added as shipping rate on your site, then I recommended editing the title of this option to include the pickup address. That way, customers can see this address as they're checking out and ensure that this option makes sense for them. If you haven't added this option as a shipping method yet, but would like to, you can do so by following these steps and naming the rate something like 'Pickup from (insert address here)'
  2. Another option is to include your pickup address in the order notifications that are emailed to your customers so that they have the address saved in their emails. You can do this by following these steps to edit your notification templates and include this information. 
  3. It's also a good idea to build an FAQs page, or a shipping policy page, for your website that can include information such as this. Customers frequently visit these types of pages, so if you don't have them already, I do suggest adding them to your website in an easily accessible place, such as a footer menu. More tips and suggestions on building an FAQs page are outlined in this blog post. Equally, to add a shipping policy, just follow the steps outlined here

Once I hear back from you with more information on how your pickup option is currently presented to customers, we can explore the above methods further. 

I look forward to your reply! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes