Adding a question at payment stage

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all,

I'd like to know if it's possible to add a question to the cart stage or payment stage whereby we can ask customers when they'd like to pick up their order.

We're running a site where customers can pay for their Christmas meat online and select a date to pick it up closer to Christmas.

The functionality we need its:

- One shipping option which is pick up from the shop

- A question which asks customers when they'd like to pick up their order - we offer them 3 dates

- Ability on the back end to filter out each individual date so we can preop orders accordingly

Is this all possible?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
659 51 115

Hello, @MackenzieJoe!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Great question! You have a couple of options here to help you with the functionality you're needing. 

For local pickup, you can actually enable a shipping rule right from within your Shopify Admin. So, when customers from around your area type in their shipping information - a local pickup option will show up in the shipping option section of the checkout. If you're interested in enabling this option or simply reading more into the option, you can check our step by step guide, here

Since you're looking for a way to ask customers if they want local pickup and you do require a date option, I would actually recommend using a delivery date option instead. These options don't ask your customers a question, but instead your customers would choose the local pickup option in the checkout and the app would provide them with a calendar so they can choose their pickup date and time. You can check out the apps; 

You had mentioned that you're looking for a way to filter each date out from the admin, unfortunately this functionality is currently unavailable within Shopify. I'm not finding any apps that can do exactly that either, but if you do find that you're needing that option then you could always look into hiring a developer. You can check out Shopify Experts - Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who you can hire to help with different aspects of your website. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes