Adding a rush or priority option to shipping

Therese_Thull
1 0 0

I have shipping already set up based on the amount of the purchase. I want to add an additional option that would just bump their order to the front of the processing line. This would be in addition to their shipping that is already based on dollar amount. Any idea how they can pay the shipping AND select an option to bump the order up?

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 341

There's not a way to change the position of the order in your orders page in Shopify, but a way I've seen people prioritize orders is by tagging them.

Here's a workflow example:

1) Create an additional shipping method that allows the customer rush delivery + priority

2) When an order comes in, tag the order so your fulfillment team can then filter orders by that priority tag and knock those out first.

If you get a good volume of orders or want to automatically tag the order and/or send a notification to a staff member when these special orders come in, you can use the Order Automator app to tag orders based on a certain shipping method then automate that process for you.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes