Adding a share to social media button to a product?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there

I've just set up an ecommerce store and i'd like to add 'share to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter' buttons to the products. 

Do I need an app for this or am I being a bit thick?

Thanks!

Liz

www.youreallygotme.co.uk

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hey, @youreallygotme!

Sunny from the Shopify Guru team and I would be happy to lend a hand with this. After visiting your site and navigating to a random product page, I can see that you actually already have social sharing set up!

20-53-bpqki-4omzi

If someone were to click on either of those social icons, it would redirect them to share this product on Facebook or Twitter, which would look like this:

20-55-8kppa-jwn0v 

If you are looking for something a little bit different, definitely let me know and I would be happy to offer alternative suggestions. Also, feel free to have a look at our many social sharing apps on our App Store here for something more customizable.

For those who came here looking to add this feature to your own shops, this can be enabled by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Navigate to Product pages > Enable sharing for products. Check out this quick video demonstration to follow along. Additionally, if you want to adjust what social channels to share on, head over to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings > Social media > Scroll all the way down till you see Social Sharing Options > Enable/Disable > Save. Feel free to check out a video demonstration here. Keep in mind that these instructions may vary depending on which theme you are using. If you are having trouble getting this to work for your shop, let me know what theme you're using and I would be happy to help!

Does this help clear up any confusion? 

Cheers!

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Hey, @youreallygotme! thank you so much ,

Unfortunately i cannot see share share section on my theme  and i want to activate share button on my product pages.

right now already activated but its lot social media icons , i just want to add fb, twitter, insta etc.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 43

Hi, @albaastore!

Welcome to the thread! To start, what theme are you using? I can do some testing on my end to see how we can enable product social sharing for your theme, as I mentioned in my first reply that each theme can be slightly different. 

For your social icons, if you are only looking to link Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, simply leave the other fields blank for social channels that you don't want to appear. See the screenshot below for an example:

01-12-4jefd-fl9v8

Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Shopfy,

I am able to add social buttons like Instagram, FB, etc on footer from theme settings. However  I would like to share the product information via social buttons like FB, Instagram etc in PDP. Currently I am using Turbo theme for my shop and it has the feature for social sharing in PDP using FB, twitter etc. But I cannot see how to share via instagram. 

So the question is can you help me in displaying the instagram button in PDP so that I can share the product info in Instagram account. Is this possible for Instagram account. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sumita

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi there, 

I have gone through and ticked Social Sharing for FB and Pinterest but they are not showing on my products. Store is www.squidgearoo.com.

Thanks,

Michelle

@Sunny wrote:

Hi, @albaastore!

Welcome to the thread! To start, what theme are you using? I can do some testing on my end to see how we can enable product social sharing for your theme, as I mentioned in my first reply that each theme can be slightly different. 

For your social icons, if you are only looking to link Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, simply leave the other fields blank for social channels that you don't want to appear. See the screenshot below for an example:

01-12-4jefd-fl9v8

Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi - I'm using theme Prestige and need help with modifying the share product options. It doesn't seem to be in Theme Settings > Social Media

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Is this issue resolved. Even I m looking for the same. I need an option to share a product on instagram in the products page

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello Dear,

I followed your advise but i am not seeing Instagram sharing button. I have activated fb,tweeter,& pin interest.

What i should do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Sunny,

I have linked socials in the footer, and enabled social sharing, but its not showing on the product page. 

My store is https://riotwineco.com.au/collections/all and we are using motion theme

0 Likes