Adding a survey/questionnaire pre-checkout

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello,

We are trying to figure out a way to add a survey/questionnaire to pre-checkout. This is required since we are offering a subscription and we need to understand cutomers preferences. We would also like for the questions and aswers to be accessible in the users profile so that they can change their style preferences if needed.

Hoping someone has done something similar and knows of an app or an easy solution :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 13

Hello

I'm Jason a Guru here at Shopify!

A survey is certainly a great option to allow customers to add some feedback about your store/products. There is a huge amount of survey apps which will allow you to gather customer feedback and information about your customers' preferences.

Customer.guru - Track Customer Satisfaction
Survey Developed by POWR 
Form Builder

In the app store, there are quite a few other options which you can check out here!

The option for questions and answers to be accessible in the user's profile would require some custom coding. I would suggest reaching out to the Shopify Experts The Experts are a team of third-party developers who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis.

They may be able to develop a custom solution for you or may have access to an already existing integration that I'm unaware of.

As with all Expert contracts, requirements and prices are agreed upon before any work commences so you can always check in with a few Experts to ensure you're getting what you want for a competitive price!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with. - Jason

Jason
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks for the info. I had aleady looked into those options and unfortunately they do not suit our need.

Another questions that might solve our current issue. Can we update the Create Account form? Since we can select to have log-in required at checkout if we can customize the form to add user style preferences this might solve our issue. We would need the ability to add images to a multi/single select question. The questions we are looking to display are:

• Which describes your best styles? (3 options that include images)
  • What is your size in x item? (3 options text only)
  • Anything else we need to know? (free form textbox)

Also ideally the Create Account form would be a conversational style, so one question appearing at a time.

We did come across this app, https://apps.shopify.com/customr however, it was very limiting.

Thanks again for your help. Greatly appreciated. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Mel17,

I have the exact same question. I need a questionnaire app to find the right plan for the customer's subscription plan. I want to include the answer options as images. Were you able to find an app that suits your need? Thanks much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Bonjour

Hors Shopify, je peux vous suggérer Typeform. Ou Google forms

Chacun offrant un plan tarifaire gratuit, permettant d'insérer des images et de récolter suffisamment d'informations. 

Excellent fin de semaine. 

Greg. 

@royahrad wrote:

Hi Mel17,

I have the exact same question. I need a questionnaire app to find the right plan for the customer's subscription plan. I want to include the answer options as images. Were you able to find an app that suits your need? Thanks much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 0

hello everyone,

I would like to embed a one question survey in two shopify notifications : the order confirmation and the shipping confirmation. I'm looking for a solution where the customer wouldn't have to leave the email? I tried embedding typeform and google form surveys but they didn't worked inside the email, I couldn't click anywhere. 

Thanks for your help !

Léa

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey Jason, 

I have a similar problem but it's a bit different. The company I own has been approved by the FDA for our Covid-19 test kits in the USA but part of the requirement is that we have a quick questionaire before checkout that will tell people with severe symptoms that they shouldn't be ordering a test but rather contacting a local physician, heading to the nearest emergency room or a hospital. So it has to not only have the survey but it has to stop people from being able to complete the purchase in the event that they answer questions that tell us they need urgent medical attention. 

You can see how one of our competitors set it up here. Just click on the check eligibility button

Any great, unscripted / please don't just copy and paste a generic answer from your text expander ideas? (i'm a former employee) 

Thanks and have an amazing week,

Sean - Former Guru and Supafan 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking for something that will allow a questionnaire before purchasing. 

0 Likes