Adding address and number number to footer - Narrative theme

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

im trying to add my address and phone number to the footer but I can’t work out how. I don’t want to add it into a contact us page. I’d like it to be embedded into the footer. Using Narrative theme. Any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 2 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @Trulines87.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for posting your question, I can definitely help you out with this today. There are a couple of different ways we can tackle this, so let's dive right in to your options.

A. Use your design time.

Each store on a paid plan, using a Shopify developed theme, is allotted a full 60 minutes of design time for minor changes. While it's best to check with our Support Team on what changes we can, and can't accommodate, your request is definitely one we could look after. If you have a specific idea of what you would like your footer to look like let me know and I can connect you with our Theme team. Just be as detailed as possible with your request, maybe even including examples, to help us make the right changes. Make sure to check out our design policy to read more about support for Shopify themes.

OR

B. Add text to your footer code.

If you're comfortable with making code changes you can save your design time for something else. It will be helpful to have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS to help you customize the style and layout of added text, but I can point you towards making these changes on your own. Head to Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes > Narrative > Actions > Edit Code and scroll down to /sections to find the file footer.liquid.

Narrow down this piece of code on line 32:

{% when 'menu' %}

Now, insert your text after that line. Make sure to add <p> before your text, and </p> at the end of your text to close the code. Here's an example:

{% when 'menu' %}
            <p> Add your contact info </p>
              {%- assign link_list = block.settings.link_list -%}

This is how it would appear on your website:

08-26-ndww6-2kmgo

That's it! You can take it a step further and make it even easier for your customers to contact you by adding a direct email link. Simple code like this would work: 

<a href="mailto:yourmail@domain.com">Insert your business email address</a>

Same thing for a "click-able" phone number to help customers easily phone you:

<a href="tel:18001112233">1-800-111-2233</a>

And we're done! Don't forget to replace the email address and phone number in those codes with your own information.

That should work, but let me know if any other questions come up that I can help with.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Incredibly helpful, thank you very much! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
69 2 24

I'm so glad I could help, @Trulines87!

I personally really love the Narrative theme, I actually even use it in my own Shopify store. Though if you are still browsing, or looking for a couple other theme options there are themes that come with a contact section built-in to the footer. I narrowed down a fairly extensive list, but make sure to check out some top contenders below. 

Let me know if anything else comes up,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes