Adding alt text: do I need to browse all my pages a manually select images?

Solved
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi everyone.

I've uploaded all my images on product pages and info pages, and now I'm improving SEO and I want to add alt text to all images. Do I have to manually open all pages, one by one, select the images, click on "Edit", and do that? Is there no other way to show all pictures I feature on my shop (as in Settings > Files) and do that?

The problems of doing it manually are that 1) It'll take forever, and 2) I'm more likely to miss something, as I have some 30 product pages + dozens and dozens of info pages, some with images in HTML and others with images added using "Image hero" or other elements in the editor.

It's a Herculean effort, especially after I improved SEO on all pages themselves. No smarter solution?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

See the link i have shared you will get an idea.

it has useful tips.

https://increasily.com/how-add-alt-tags-to-shopify-product-images/ 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Thank you very much, very useful article. I'm concerned that basic functions are left to apps, this sounds like those PC games where you basically die all the time until you pay for upgrades, but their home, their rules.

Bookmarking your page.

0 Likes