Adding and option for Custom Size (Size to be within the pre-defined parameters) to a Product

Jaggz96
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi All, 

Greetings!

Can someone assist me with adding a custom size to my product category listing?
As in the customer can select the product and have an option for customized sizes while the price is also being calculated accordingly, without manually updating the prices for the same?

A response would be very much appreciated.

Replies 3 (3)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @Jaggz96!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Your best bet here would be to use an app to allow you to have more customization ability on your product page. I would suggest using an app that provides you with more product options. Although you have the ability to add different variants to your product pages, like so, I understand that some products need more customization than others. I would recommend checking out the following apps;

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Jaggz96
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Karlie!! 

Thank you for your response!

However the same didn't answer my query. I have a Shopify website on which I would like an option available for the customers where they can manually input the sizes ("within pre-defined parameters) and the pricing for the same to be calculated. 

Furthermore all the products have further variants in it! For which I am facing an issue with the pricing fluctuation. 

Also if you could assist me, as to how many days would it take if I would like to build a custom module on laravel framework and for Shopify to approve it! If any existing apps doesn't support the same

Thank you in advance

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello again, @Jaggz96!

Karlie here! Okay, in that case you could look into using the app, Measurement Price Calculator. The Measurement Price Calculator app allows customers to input what size they want and then the price will be calculated for them. You could also check out one of these apps which allows you to set up price calculators on your storefront, similar to the Measurement Price Calculator app, but not as customized to fit products requiring measurements and sizes. 

As for your last question, I'm afraid that I don't have an ETA for how long it can take for the apps team to look into your app or approve it. Because this is done by our internal team, I can't weigh in on what the time frame would be. I am sorry about the inconvenience. 

Lastly, if neither of those app recommendations work for you then you could look into hiring a Shopify Expert. Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who you can hire to help you with different aspects of your online business. You can check out our Shopify Experts, here

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog