Adding links to product descriptions... link button not working?

Solved
callycosmetics
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi Guys

Im looking to add a few PDF links to my product descriptions to give a better insight for my customers to use the product however it is not allowing me to do so.

Ive explore the usual way of uploading the file in settings then copying the url and pasting in the description but the link button is still obsolete??

I wonder is this because im using the DEBUT theme with shopify? 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks 

Lance 

0 Likes
Webunity
Shopify Partner
28 4 4

Hello Lance

I can help you kindly contact hr@webunityinfotech.com

Thank you

Regards Ravi Kathiriya

Webunity Infotech

You need to custom/private shopify app or any customize in theme then hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: webunityinfotech@gmail.com
0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @callycosmetics!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and thank you for posting your question! I'm happy to help out with some instructions on how to link a PDF to your product description. Here are some steps with screenshots that should help you through the process: 

1. First head over to your Settings > Files section of the admin and upload the PDF in question
  2. Next, copy the URL generated for the uploaded PDF upload pdf copy url.png

3. Head over to the Products section of the admin, and open up the product you want to add the link to the description of 
  4. Highlight the text that you want to become the link, and click on the Insert/Edit Link button in the toolbar highlight and link.png

5. Paste the URL in the "Link to" field. You can also decide if you want the link to open in the same window or a new one, and add a Link title for SEO/accessibility paste and insert link.png

6. Click "Insert link", and then save the product page
  7. You should now have text in your product description that links to your PDF when clicked 

Let me know if you run into any issues with these steps. I'll be happy to take a closer look with you if there's any part of the process that doesn't go as expected. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
callycosmetics
Tourist
5 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Ash

Thanks very much for getting in touch and helping me resolve this so quickly... really appreciate it!

i can confirm i have now solved this with your help...

Thanks again 

Lance