Adding pages

Highlighted
5 0 0

I’m trying to add a page but it keeps redirecting me to the “moving along nicely page” where I can add a product. I need some help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 51 138

Hi @earthartproject,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you tell me more about what you're doing here exactly? Are you just trying to create a page in the Shopify admin from Online Store > Pages? Or have you already created a page and are trying to add it to your store's main menu?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am trying to add pages to my online store. The only page that the free “debut theme” came with was the about section. When I go to the top right hand corner of the page and click the blue button that says “add page” it immediately redirects out of my online store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 51 138

Hi @earthartproject,

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. This does sound odd. Can you please try logging into the store via a different browser and attempt this again, and let me know if the same error occurs?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Ok I tried that. It’s still not working. However, when I try from my mobile devise it allows me to add a page
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 51 138

Hi @earthartproject,

Right, I see—I'm glad to hear that it's working for you on mobile at least. This may be a temporary bug on your end, and you can try clearing your browser's cache and/ or try to access the site via a private or Incognito window to see if that works. If the problem persists, please let me know.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

OK I may just be a complete idiot but I’m trying to add content to each of my pages. For example I have a homepage, a gallery page, an info/FAQ page. Etc.  How do I add photos or items or even a paragraph to these sections? There’s no option given for me to do that. I feel like there’s a problem on my Shopify account. I’m still getting the error where I am only able to add pages through my mobile device and not my computer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 51 138

Hi @earthartproject,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. Can you tell me a bit more about the error message that appears, please? What does it say exactly?

You can create pages in Online Store > Pages, where you can add text, images and links to the page you're creating. The pages you add here will be for the likes of About Us, Contact, and FAQs pages, whereas the homepage exists by default and can be edited via the theme editor. The theme editor is found by heading to Online Store > Themes, and by pressing "Customize" next to the theme you wish to edit. Once you're in the theme editor you can customize the homepage's structure and edit the content on the homepage, and you can add and arrange sections here such as a gallery section or a featured product or collection. We've more information on how to edit your theme via the editor here.

If you're still struggling, please let me know and feel free to share your store with me here so I can take a closer look. Thank you.

Kind regards,

0 Likes