Solved

Adding products to collections.

TheTeaGuy
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm new so forgive me if I'm overlooking something simple. 

I am still on the Trial Session, as yet no monthly account with Shopify. My idea is to spend the 14 days creating, designing and populating my store with products and to then hit the ground running once I start the paid plan. 

OK so I bought a theme, Galleria. No worries, got to grips with that and happy with the design thus far. Am using depositphoto stock imagery for the site as I feel it is more diverse and appealing than Burst. 

I've added Categories / Collections and made them available. They each have their own image and description. 

My problem is that I have just added my first product from Oberlo as a trial to see how things work when adding products. I cannot for the life of me see how to add this to a Collection. In the Product edit option I don't even get the listing of my collections, all I get is Home Page. I have added all collections to the home menu and they appear in the site Navigation as tabs but I'm lost when I try to add products to them. Even following the Tag rules with tags on the product that should automatically add it to a specific collection. That is not working. 

Any feedback would be welcomed. Also why is it nigh on impossible to get actual Support / Help with live chat for Shopify? Is that not an option here?

Cheers,
Mark
'The Tea Guy'

https://dieteatian.com

Accepted Solutions (2)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @TheTeaGuy,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

First off, I just wanted to say that you don't want to put yourself under any unnecessary pressure. No one is expected to completely set up their store in just 14 days, which is why the trial is merely an opportunity for you to familiarise yourself with the platform.

I'd recommend not rushing your way through it, to ensure you're giving each step due consideration and setting a solid foundation for your brand moving forward. try to set yourself up for success by setting realistic, reasonable targets for yourself.

When it comes to adding products to a collection, there's actually a fantastic help document on the subject right here. In fact, Oberlo's help center is probably your best resource when it comes to Oberlo-specific queries. That said, here is a video I made on how to link your collections to your menu for your customers to see, and how you can create nested or drop-down menus.

Moving forward, you'll also want to ensure you've understood order fulfillment properly. I’ve made a video here on how to fulfill an order. When you see an order in your admin, you will need to first go to your Oberlo app and order it from the supplier. The video shows you how to do this. Once you fulfill the order, you then need to go back to your Shopify admin and click the ‘fulfilled’ button. This will send a notification to the customer saying that their order is on the way. Feel free to contact Oberlo via their email address hello@oberlo.com for any more information.

There’s a really great AliExpress guide titled *The Definitive Guide to Dropshipping with Ali Express* that I’d recommend having a look over. It covers everything you need to know about dropshipping with AliExpress from start to finish.

In regard to shipping, here’s an informative Shopify Blog called Everything You Need to Know About ePacket Shipping: ePacket Delivery Explained that’s also certainly worth checking out too!

I'm sorry to hear you've struggled to get help from our live chat. Is it a question of having to wait too long in the queue? Can I just double-check that you have been trying to reach us by heading to our support page and logging into your store?  Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help:

28-41-gix4c-lb615

28-41-uptoo-w2qlg

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available:

28-41-bies4-qc05t

Is this the process you've been using?

I hope this helps, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Oh, sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know!

Right here links to the Oberlo help document titled "Assigning products to collections"
I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi 

Capture..............PNG

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
josiemcgraw
Tourist
6 0 3

Hi There, 

Do you have any advice for tags that never "add"? Both my Tags and Collections have stopped adding new tags and collections. I have only just started building my store and both of those elements have stopped working. 

For Collections, only the Home page is a dropdown option—even though I have already have a collection setup. 

And I can not add tags—even though I have added one previously. 

Please advise. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 5.06.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 5.04.48 pm.png

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @TheTeaGuy,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

First off, I just wanted to say that you don't want to put yourself under any unnecessary pressure. No one is expected to completely set up their store in just 14 days, which is why the trial is merely an opportunity for you to familiarise yourself with the platform.

I'd recommend not rushing your way through it, to ensure you're giving each step due consideration and setting a solid foundation for your brand moving forward. try to set yourself up for success by setting realistic, reasonable targets for yourself.

When it comes to adding products to a collection, there's actually a fantastic help document on the subject right here. In fact, Oberlo's help center is probably your best resource when it comes to Oberlo-specific queries. That said, here is a video I made on how to link your collections to your menu for your customers to see, and how you can create nested or drop-down menus.

Moving forward, you'll also want to ensure you've understood order fulfillment properly. I’ve made a video here on how to fulfill an order. When you see an order in your admin, you will need to first go to your Oberlo app and order it from the supplier. The video shows you how to do this. Once you fulfill the order, you then need to go back to your Shopify admin and click the ‘fulfilled’ button. This will send a notification to the customer saying that their order is on the way. Feel free to contact Oberlo via their email address hello@oberlo.com for any more information.

There’s a really great AliExpress guide titled *The Definitive Guide to Dropshipping with Ali Express* that I’d recommend having a look over. It covers everything you need to know about dropshipping with AliExpress from start to finish.

In regard to shipping, here’s an informative Shopify Blog called Everything You Need to Know About ePacket Shipping: ePacket Delivery Explained that’s also certainly worth checking out too!

I'm sorry to hear you've struggled to get help from our live chat. Is it a question of having to wait too long in the queue? Can I just double-check that you have been trying to reach us by heading to our support page and logging into your store?  Once you've logged in, you'll be prompted to ask about a topic:

Doing this will present you with links to relevant documentation on our Help Center, but there will also be an option to contact us directly if you require further help:

28-41-gix4c-lb615

28-41-uptoo-w2qlg

Clicking on this button at the bottom will then present you with the different support options available:

28-41-bies4-qc05t

Is this the process you've been using?

I hope this helps, but I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

All the best, Hyde.

TheTeaGuy
Visitor
2 0 0

@Andrew Many thanks for your extensive response. 

I found the solutions to my errors, they were down to me overlooking some small elements during the Collection creation. All good. 

Just wanted to point out that the links you sent 'right here' is broken and 'here is a video' leads to an XML directory summary?? 

I'm working my way through the reading materials you suggested and getting myself prepped for my first venture into this business model. 

Looking forward to it. 

Again, Cheers.
Mark.

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Oh, sorry about that, and thanks for letting me know!

Right here links to the Oberlo help document titled "Assigning products to collections"
I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.