Adding products to store without using Collections

deehoccambria
16 0 0

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to add products to my store without using Collections? I only have a very few products to start with and I don't want to lengthen the buying process of going through Collections before viewing the product. 

I am currently using Minimal Theme.

Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

The use of collections is optional as you can create your products without them. In terms of design you can just set up links in your menu to go directly to product pages rather than collections: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/menus-and-links/editing-menus

Regards

Tom

deehoccambria
16 0 0

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response. I tried to check the link but I still can't manage to display all individual products in my store without it being under the Collections page. I really have a small category so i think it will be a bit pointless to put them in Collections. Is there any other way I can display the products on the homepage? 

Thanks again.

MrHamed
Visitor
2 0 0

I think I figured it out for the Boundless Theme, maybe works for other themes as well.

Go to:

Online Store

--> Navigation

----> Main Menu

-------> Products

----------> Edit

---------------> Link

------------------> All products

Happy selling, ps. Check out my store if this helped you: lovewithoutborders.co

babylala
Visitor
2 0 1

A few years late but, perhaps it can help someone else also. 

1. Go to Online Store>Navigation>Main Menu

2. Add a menu item for the products. Example, for Apparel name the menu item "Apparel". Click Save.

3. Go to Products> Collection>Create Collection. Title this collection the same as the menu item you just created. I like to use manual collections if I won't be listing a lot of products for that category. Click Save.

4. Click Products and add the products you need to this collection. Example, "Apparel" items will go into the Apparel collection.

5. Go back to Online Store>navigation>Main menu. Click "Edit" on the menu you created. From there add the link to the collection name you just created. Example, if you made a menu item called "Apparel", you should have made a collection called "Apparel", and added the apparel products. So once the edit box pops up, click the box for Link>Collection>[Collection Name]. So for our example it would look like:

Online Store>Navigation>Main Menu>Apparel-Edit>Link>Collection>Apparel

Click save.

7. Test it out. Go to Online Store>View your Store>Click the menu item, and the page of products should display without any other collection, just the products. 

Also, you can make the collection and add the products before you make the menu item. That way when you make the menu item you can link it to the collection all in the same step.

I did this on Dawn theme.

Doesn't make sense to have customers click through a collection to get to a product/products when the page doesn't have that much products to begin with. 

Hope this helps.