Adding variants - Oberlo

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Community,

I seem to ask hard questions so hopefully this one has a favourable answer! I have imported a product with different variants in to my store however I deleted a variant that I would now like to add back to the store. It's from the same supplier but I do not want to override the whole product, I just want to add this one extra variant and still have it linked to Oberlo. Now I know I can add a variant in Shopify but is there some sort of invisible link between Oberlo and Shopify that will not be present if I just simply add the variant and updated the SKU code in shopfiy?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
521 34 74

Hi, @SLHD!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The product does need to be imported directly from Oberlo, including all variants, so you will need to override this one in order to restore the deleted variant. If you were to add a variant through the Shopify admin instead of overriding the whole product, that variant wouldn't be linked to Oberlo and your supplier wouldn't be notified of the order, resulting in a missing order.

I want to clarify that overriding the product does not mean redoing everything. When you select a product to override, you will have the option to replace the product title, description or images. If you leave those options deselected/unchecked, they will not be replaced. Instead, you can select the Variants tab on the product in the Import List and ensure that all desired variants are selected. If you had customized the SKU or variant titles, that's all you'll need to update before overriding the product.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process and I'd be happy to follow up with you here.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Sophia!

Thank you. I came to the conclusion I'd needed to override so I just went ahead and did that.