Adding weight restriction to cart

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi There,

Hope all is well, i am having trouble setting up my shipping fee (adding rate) in weight as my condition - it does not let me set a limit. When i set a limit at check out it states that we do not ship to this location. when i take of the limit it adds the fee however i need to add a limit as different weights cost differently. any help regarding this would be most appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SD6 

When you set up weight based shipping you need to make sure you cover the full range of weight possibilities.

It is likely that the top or bottom limit you set in your weight range does not cover the weight of the items in the cart.

For example, if you set weight ranges like so:

• 2 oz - 12 oz = $5.00
  • 12 oz - 20 oz = $10.00
  • 20 oz - 30 oz = $15.00

Then if an item is added to the cart that is less than 2 oz, it will say there are no shipping rates available.

Also, if the total weight of the items in the cart is more than 30 oz, it will say the same.

What you would actually want to do (with the weight ranges) is:

• 0 oz - 12 oz = $5.00
  • 12 oz - 20 oz = $10.00
  • 20 oz - 30 oz = $15.00
  • 30 oz - (no upper limit) = $25.00

You always want your lowest weight range to start from zero, and you want your highest one to either be open-ended or ensure the upper limit is enough to allow the full combined weight of all possible combination of your products that you're willing to ship in one order.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks MelMojoBob so much appreciated it worked have a lovely day 

1 Like