Additional Admin account

1 0 0

Searched for this for an hour and I am surprised no one has asked or requested this option. Unless it is available and I am not seeing it.

I want to add an additional user/admin to the account to help maintain our store. But I do not see that option to add anyone.

- Byers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
328 10 46

Go to Settings > Plan and permissions. From there you can add more staff accounts. You can have only 1 store owner, but you can grant full access to give someone access to most permissions needed to run the store.

Founder of Speed Boostr - we make Shopify sites faster.
Analyze your site at analyze.speedboostr.com.
I also build custom apps, systems, and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 28

@JoesIdeas is completely right!

If you'd like to give someone access to your shop, e.g. an employee, designer, manager, accountant, you're able to add them to your shop as a staff member and then individually adjust each of their permissions according to what you'd like them to see. 

Keep in mind that the total amount of staff accounts you're allowed to have will vary based on which subscription plan you're on. If you're on the Basic plan you get 2 staff accounts, with the Shopify plan you get 5 and with the Advanced plan you get 15, all in addition to the Account Owner. Which plan are you on currently and how many staff accounts are you looking to create? If you'd like to learn more about creating staff accounts, feel free to follow this link to our Help Center here

If you're looking to work with a Partner and/or Expert and they're requiring access to your shop, this would be considered a Collaborator account. Collaborator accounts do not count towards your total number of staff accounts.

Let me know if that helps clear up any confusion or if you need a hand with anything else!

Cheers,

Sunny

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes