Additional Authors for Blog Post

Thicklaces
1 0 0

Hello,

Is it possible to add authors for blog post without giving out staff accounts? I'm the one who uploads the content so I don't need to give them accounts. I don't see the option to add names. 

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
732 39 225

Hi, @Thicklaces

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out with this question. 

At this time, the author of each blog post can only be attributed to the store owner, or to an employee with a staff account on your site. We have more information on this in this help document under step 5. 

With this in mind, I recommend creating staff accounts for the authors of your blog posts, but restricting their account permissions so that they can only view certain parts of your store's admin. This will help protect your store's information, and ensure that any details you don't want viewed by staff are kept private. Once you've created staff accounts for these individuals, you will still be able to add in the blog posts from your end, but now their names will appear in the 'Author' drop-down selection, so you can add the correct person as the author of each post. 

I understand this workaround may not be completely ideal for how you handle staff accounts on your site, so I'm going to share this information with our developers. Our teams review comments and feedback like this as a means to improve the features on our platform, so these details are really helpful for us to receive. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this set up, and I'll be glad to continue helping out! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes