Additional Fee

wcolton48
2 0 0

We sell downloadable software products. We would like to offer a "Download Insurance" option that a buyer can add to their order for x amount where we would keep a copy of their software for x amount of days.  How can we offer this as an additional fee to the order? We would like to steer away from it creating a separate product as it doesnt play well with our 3rd party order software.

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 17 10

Hello @wcolton48!

This is Lana from Shopify.

That insurance option is a great idea, - while it is not something that is part of our native features at the moment, I do have a third party app called Order & Shipping Protection which should work as an insurance option for you. If you look into the app listing and scroll down to the Gallery section, you will see how the insurance is offered to the customer and how they can opt in or out.

If you find that the app is not ideal, you could also look into having this custom designed for you by a Shopify Expert - they charge their rates based on the work that they do, but you can contact them beforehand and get a quote to see how much the creation of a custom feature like this would cost.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes