Admin Dashboard - Compare to same DAY Previous Year is Needed

Explorer
44 0 18

When looking at sales data in the dashboard, we always want to view that data in comparison to the prior year.  But comparing to the same date the prior year is not meaningful to us.  Since our primary sales channel is our retail store, we want to compare to the same DAY the prior year.  For example, comparing Monday, October 1st 2018 to Sunday, October 1st 2017 does not result in meaningful data since we have the typical retail weekly sales fluctuation and weekends are always the busiest.

Thank you Shopify for considering this enhancement request.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2191 138 292

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thank you for posting this and sharing your feedback. I will add this as a feature request to the team for the future. We very much appreciate feedback like this to make the platform better and when reasons are given as to why it also greatly helps, so thank for adding that in too. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
44 0 18

Thanks Nick.  The same idea really applies to any sales channel.  Another example, everyone will want to compare with the prior years Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2191 138 292

No problem at all. 

That is a fantastic idea regarding Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I'll be sure to add that in also. Thank you again for the feedback and ideas. We love to hear them and they are appreciated. 

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes