Admin Product Search Not Working Correctly

2 0 3

For the past few weeks this been an inconsistent issue, but is now happening 100% of the time.

The search within the "Products" section of the Shopify admin is not returning correct results. It either returns partial or no results.

Examples:

1. I have products with the titles "Plastic Water Bottle", "Metal Water Bottle", and "Ceramic Water Bottle". Searching for "Water" or "Bottle" returns no results.

2. I have products with the titles "Beanie 1", "Beanie 2", and "Beanies Gift Box". Searching for "Beanie" returns only the first two products. Searching for "Beanies" returns no results.

These situations are occurring across the board on all of my products. I have something like 400-500 products so manually going through the list to find them is extremely difficult and time consuming.

I have tried reaching out to support multiple times with no replies yet. Is anyone else having this issue? How can I get it fixed?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

i am also having problem with product search in admin.

Last week all product search return not correct resultat :-(

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I am also having the same issues - product search gives a random result.   Luckily I only have 150 or so products so can find them but it's frustrating to work with.

Examples;

• I have 3 products with zinc in the title - I'm not getting one of them at all (zinc lozenges), and if I search lozenges I get no result.
  • I have 2 products called Boswellia (250mg and 500mg) ... search only finds the 500mg one.

Who/how do you get support for this sort of problem?

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

I am also having this problem.  I have over 2000 products and I can't search through them.  Is there a fix to this Shopify?!?

3 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
I contacted support at Shopify.   They came back really quickly and resolved.

Basically they reset the search (sounded like a regular bug) and now product search works fine and I added a load more products on the weekend.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Same issues here. Trying to search products and no results. I have tried by title, sku and other fields but nothing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I contacted support, they refreshed my search and all my products can be searched now. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

I also am experiencing this issue.  Will reach out to support to see if they can resolve.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

They refreshed my search bar and within 10 mins I had it working again.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

We were having the same issue. We contacted via chat and were told that "This is a common issue these past few days". It seems to be fixed now. 

0 Likes