Solved

Why is my Shopify store admin locked and how can I access it?

Buckley
Tourist
3 0 2

my Shopify store admin is locked since last week. i thought it would be a standard review of the account but it is still locked and can't access it although my website is working fine and keep on getting orders there is no way to process them. i can not get through support as all the time it just brings me to this forum. any help. thanks

Accepted Solution (1)
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Tristanxlee and @MSM_Jewelers

Rae from Shopify here. I'm helping out my colleague Hank with this thread, and I wanted to check in with you both on this error you're receiving. 

I'd really like to have our Support team look into this further for you both, so please contact our team directly by visiting our Help Center, logging in to your accounts, and submitting a support request with us there. This will authenticate your accounts correctly so that our team can continue discussing this situation with you both over live chat, email, or though a callback.

However, @Tristanxlee, in order for our team to help further with this, we do need to speak with the account owner of your client's store, so please have that person follow the above steps on their end. That way, we can help resolve this as soon as possible. 

@MSM_Jewelers, I know you also mentioned you were having troubles getting ahold of our Support team. With this in mind, if you're still unable to see our contact options in our Help Center using this link, then please clear your browser cache, or use Chrome Incognito mode to access our Help Center instead. 

Since these details should help resolve the troubles you're both facing, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. That should help benefit other merchants who are experiencing the same issue, as it outlines the steps that they can also follow to reach a resolution on their end. 

Please keep me posted on how these steps go for you both! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @Buckley,

Hank here from Shopify.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your admin, when did you first notice this, or did you receive any error messages in your admin prior to not being able to access it? What is the current message you are seeing?

As your website is working, there is a chance it may be a localized issue that is preventing you from accessing your admin. Can you try opening your admin using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

Let me know how you get on, and we will get this resolved!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Buckley
Tourist
3 0 2

hi Hank,

thanks for getting back and providing a solution. i have tried this but it is still the same. it has been over a week now. from the discussion boards i gleanded that the account is up for a review hence i can not access it but after a week it is still the same. the website is working fine but i can not access the admin panel. i can't attach a screen shot but below is the text that is coming up on the page

Oops, something went wrong.

What happened?
This shop is unavailable:
What can I do?
Request ID: be7d7cab-3aa3-4779-a3be-982bae911b0b
Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That certainly seems odd.

What I'd like to do is query this with our escalated accounts team. Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Buckley
Tourist
3 0 2

email replied as instructed. thanks

Tristanxlee
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Buckley 

I hope you are well. 

Did you manage to find a solution ?

I'm currently facing the same issue with a clients store.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Tristan

MSM_Jewelers
Visitor
2 0 1

Same problem here and it is been going on for 2 weeks and trying to contact support is sending me down the rabbit hole.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of support?

Thanks,

Mark

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Tristanxlee and @MSM_Jewelers

Rae from Shopify here. I'm helping out my colleague Hank with this thread, and I wanted to check in with you both on this error you're receiving. 

I'd really like to have our Support team look into this further for you both, so please contact our team directly by visiting our Help Center, logging in to your accounts, and submitting a support request with us there. This will authenticate your accounts correctly so that our team can continue discussing this situation with you both over live chat, email, or though a callback.

However, @Tristanxlee, in order for our team to help further with this, we do need to speak with the account owner of your client's store, so please have that person follow the above steps on their end. That way, we can help resolve this as soon as possible. 

@MSM_Jewelers, I know you also mentioned you were having troubles getting ahold of our Support team. With this in mind, if you're still unable to see our contact options in our Help Center using this link, then please clear your browser cache, or use Chrome Incognito mode to access our Help Center instead. 

Since these details should help resolve the troubles you're both facing, I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. That should help benefit other merchants who are experiencing the same issue, as it outlines the steps that they can also follow to reach a resolution on their end. 

Please keep me posted on how these steps go for you both! 

azadketm
Visitor
1 0 1

I have the same issue. I also can't access my store.

annabelturley
Visitor
2 0 1

I also have the same issue with my store, orders are waiting to be fulfilled and we cannot access these.  
I have emailed the legal team regarding this without any reply and have talked to them on the phone without any success.

marta-hd
Visitor
1 0 0

Same problem - no help yet - I tried to get some via email and chat but...NOpE! Still waiting! 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @marta-hd

Thanks for letting me know. 

When you contacted our team via email and live chat, did you receive a follow up email with a ticket number? If so, please reply to us directly in that email thread, and we'll be happy to supply you with an update via email as soon as we have one to share. 

If you don't have an active ticket with us though, please contact our Support team via our Help Center so we can get this looked into further for you. 

We appreciate your patience with this! 

CLogic
Visitor
2 0 0

I am unable to get into my store admin - LOCKED - My store is active and working, cannot access as admin.  Please help! URGENT!!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @CLogic

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this problem. 

We'll need to access your account in order to look into this further on our end. However, we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, so please contact our Support team via our Help Center using this link. That way, we can continue assisting you on live chat, email, or through a callback to help get this resolved. 

Thanks! 

CLogic
Visitor
2 0 0
please resolve this.
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @CLogic

Did you have a chance to reach out to our team via our Help Center, following the steps I provided in my previous reply here?

If not, please go ahead and do this as soon as possible. That way, our team can determine the best way to resolve this. 

We hope to hear from you through our Help Center soon. 

Nolly-B
Tourist
4 1 1

Hi Rae

Are you even reading anyone's reply?

We all cant get ANY HELP from the links you are providing because there's no help there at your Help Center. Its just a rabbit hole 

Please switch on your Live Chat or provide a proper solution to this asap so we all can get on with our businesses 

Thank you