Ads keep popping up on my store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0

Ads keep popping up on my shopify store. I have no idea how it was coming to happen. I have lost so much credits from my customers as annoying ads keeping appearing on my store. I tried research on what happen to it but no answer came up. Please someone help me. How do I remove it? Thank you so much.

Phir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 138 381

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, Phir! 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I would love to take a look into this for you, however, without a link to your store the support that can be provided through our forums. Generally speaking ads like these are generated by apps. Could you take a look at your apps to see if there are any apps there that specialize in pop-us of advertising? 

If you could get back to me on this thread with a link to your store and a screenshot of one of these advertisements I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 0
Hi Bo thank you very much for your help. my store is chinlandclothing.com
please see the screenshot.
thank you very much.
phir
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 138 381

Thank you so much for providing the link and screenshots, Phir! I took a look at the screenshot and it would appear that the app being used is Instant Traffic - Free Ads & Traffic Exchange by Eggflow. I took a look at your store as well and it looks like the popups have been removed so well done on that front! 

I took a quick look at your store first thing that I noticed at here were your product titles descriptions. A lot of merchants adjust the description slightly from Oberlo and then post it to their page, I can't be certain but it does look like this was the case with your store. The issue with this is that the titles from Oberlo are often very long winded and actually rather incoherent. The reason for this is that they are trying to cram as many keywords into their titles so their products are easy to find, however, for a customer facing store this does not look good. It doesn't look very professional and those who are familiar with Oberlo/AliExpress will recognize the format. So while you have done a great job in curating the products, you do need to do some more work to market them better on your site.

With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

All the Best,

Bo

Highlighted
2 0 0

I just googled this issue and this thread came up. I am having the same issue when customers visit my page these ads keep coming up please assist, my shopify store is beyondbeautybliss.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 138 381

Hey there, @BeyondBeautyB 

Welcome to the community. I took a look at your store and it seems to be the result of the same app in my answer above. To remove these ads uninstall the app. If you need any help removing any remaining code after the app is uninstalled you can reach out to the developer on support@eggflow.com. 

All the Beat,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hi Bo,

Sorry to jump in on this. But this is happening to me as well, but in a different way. It's happened to me 3 times now while searching for products to show a customer, and a weird ad will take over the whole page, reroute my customers off my website, and the way it displays seems very "virus" like. I have no idea how this would be coming from any apps I have since it's only just started happening, and I havent changed any apps. I did higher an app from the shopify store to update my websites speed, though. I just can't imagine why they would be doing that to my shop now, though sin e that was a couple months back. The ads only pop up randomly, once happened in the front page, then again twice on two different product pages.

My website is www.pastelpolly.com

Thanks so much!
Highlighted
1 0 0

Seems to be a common issue recently. A similar this is happening to our nonprofit's store as well. It's happened to a handful of visitors on the site but it does not happen to everyone. When a visitor first comes to a site, the site loads and then all of a sudden the weird ads pop-up or redirect the whole page, customers are rerouted off the website. The ads pop up randomly on the front page and feel very virus or malware like. I have no idea how this would be coming from any apps I have since it's only just started happening, and we haven't changed any apps. We have no apps that create popups. All of our apps are from trusted developers on the app store with relatively high reviews. I did go ahead and remove and older or unused apps. We did some updates to our theme back in April 2019 however it was the theme we were already using and nothing changed since then. Can someone please advise?! Thanks in advance.

https://store.youniquefoundation.org/

IMG_3606.JPGIMG_3605.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
This is still happening and I did email the developer. I just want it to stop as it affects potential customers. This dud not happen prior to the install.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi! same thing is happening to my store and i have read your suggestion to the above question, problem is i dont think i have the eggflow apps so i dont know how to fix this. this is my store www.milanoparco.com.

0 Likes