Ads showing up on my website

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0
I noticed the other day when checking my website, that there were several ads popping up not related at all to my website. How can I remove these ads? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. My website is livefreedesigns19.myshopify.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 51 66

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Trish7

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community.

I took a look at your site, and I see what you mean! Those ads are coming from a third party app installed on your store.

To find out which one it is, please click on ‘Apps’ on the left hand side of your Shopify admin. Next, click on the about option next to each app to see a summary of what the app does, as seen below:

20-05-pxg13-tbauv

For the type of functionality of this particular app, you are looking for one that "advertises" or "drives traffic" to your store. 

Once you’ve identified which one it is, you can click on the app name, and then look in the app settings for the option to disable it. Alternatively if you don’t want to use it at all anymore, follow these steps to uninstall it from your store. 

For other ways to drive traffic to your store, without using an app that cross advertises, I recommend reading this blog post on 5 High-Impact Strategies for Getting More Traffic. There are also some great free courses available to help with your marketing strategies in Shopify Compass. Check them out!

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes