Advice on listing particular product. What would you do?

MELISSA_HITCHCO
2 0 0

Hope your evening is well. 

I'm trying to figure out how to better capture my inventory when it comes to some smaller priced items. Currently I have some button pins listed on my store in bulk pricing (3,6,9,12 count) each one has a slight discount. The customer writes in the number of the button in a comment field when they go to order. This however doesn't do anything to help me know what designs I've sold and need replacing. How would you go about listing these so I can start keeping better inventory?

1) List as many buttons as possible on one listing, with no variants, and when maxed out make another listing etc.

2) List as many buttons as possible on one listing, with variants, and when maxed out make another listing etc.

3) Keep the current but maybe someone here can impart how I can link the designs to it.

Now, if I have each design as a separate inventory item, I still want to give people a discount for ordering more than one. Does shopify have the ability to automatically apply a discount to an order if they put 6 buttons in their carts?

Thanks!

I'm intending to do some vending this year and intend on getting a POS for the booth so I want to ensure I'm getting a system in place prior to when this starts in April (assuming we are doing the event then). Listing is posted below in case anyone wants to see what is in place.

https://fattypancake.com/collections/buttons/products/assorted-1-25-buttons

0 Likes
MELISSA_HITCHCO
2 0 0

Whelp, just tried out the auto discount and that won't work because I cannot have more than one at the same time. Nice, thanks for restricting my options Shopify!

0 Likes