Affiliate Program

Highlighted
3 0 0

Good Day 

I have a Shopify Store in South Africa and I have joined the Mantality Affiliate Program.  I have to add the links and banners that they sent me on my Shopify Store.  I will not have any of their products on my store - only a banner link.

My store has the Brooklyn Theme but I have no idea how to install these links or where to add the banners on my store.  Please can anyone assist with some guidelines on how to do this?  

Many Thanks 

Olive 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
85 3 16

Where do you need to place those banners?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I suppose it can be anywhere on my shop but I just don’t know how to don’t know how to do this. Should it he done with coding or just added under rich text.
I realize I can hire a shopify expert but I cannot pay every time I want to change the banner.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 4

Let me see if I understand your question:
You want to flood your store with affiliate banners of other stores? Why?

Visitors will be discouraged by the spammy look of your store with all those banners and even if they don't leave at first sight their attention will be divided between your products and the banners that will redirect them to your competitors. You want to pay for ads so people visit your store only to leave your store by clicking on some affiliate links?
If you want to get into affiliate marketing I advise you to buy another domain, set up a blog or website and run the banners there. Use the right tool for the right purpose. To quote a friend: You don't want to enter a destruction derby with a brand new Ferrari.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for your input.  I never thought about it in that way - I thought adding an option for products that I do not sell will at least still bring me an income.  But I hear what you say and appreciate the advice.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
73 2 6

If you only need to display the text, you could use the Announcement banner section of the theme. This would display the banner at the top and you can set this to only show on home or on all pages

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Olive,

First of all I think BenYoba has shared an interesting view.   It is my understanding you do offer your own products through the web store and not only affiliate links.

But, if you still want to use the products and services others offer, and you don't, you can consider to use an affiliate link instead of a banner with an image of the product or services that is consistent with your own service offering.  This way the visitors will not see the difference, neither feeling spammed. Only surprised they end up in another store after the click.

Good luck,

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Likes