Affiliate programs

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

Hello,

I want to start an affiliate program for my store. I would like to get some feedback from on how to run a good affiliate program and what apps do you guys recommend. 

I was looking at some affiliate apps and one thing I did not see is how do you handle returns. If a sale comes from one of your affiliates and the customer returns the product, how do you deduct the affiliate's commission? Does the app handle this?

Also, can you keep track of all sales coming from different channels for each affiliate (say, one affiliate has a youtube channel, IG account, facebook account, blog, etc.). 

Thanks for the feedback. 

4 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Orlando, would need to determine what the best platform is for you based on cost, category & their existing membership sites. For Refurb.io we use Rakuten Affiliate Marketing (formerly LinkShare). This is a very formal program and selected it because their reputation, systematic approach and # of potential affiliates. In 6 months we've addded 1,000+ websites to our network, even though only a smaller % of those actually actively promote us. LinkShare like Commission Junction has a setup/implementation fee and then monthly minimum, taking a commisson as wel on every sale. There are unique tracking codes from links so even if an affiliate posts a link on other channels it will track that back. Very good reporting and ability to set rules in regards to return periods or cookie duration. When there's cancellations or returns these can be cancelled out of amount owing to both LinkShare & the affiliate. That might be an overkill program as it can take awhile to start to see results, generally the first 3 months of an affiliate program is recruiting affiliates, building relationships and convincing them to post even if they do sign up to the program. There may be some apps that others have used through Shopify that have had good stories to tell about & I hope they share that wisdom with you.

Best regards,

Tim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I am interested to learn more about this as well. I would like to hear from some shop owners that have experience with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I run an affiliate programme for my Shopidy site, I also run an affiliate management company that take all the stress of running affiliate campaigns!

My company look after over 100 campaigns globally, with our main focus being in the UK market!

If you would like to get any advice or information please feel free to message me, my email address is mark@optimus-pm.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

You can use Hasoffers if you prefer to setup your affiliate program by yourself. 

Content Glass - Building State Oriented Sharing Apps
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for asking this question. I too am planning to use an affiliate program as part of my growth strategy and look forward to all replies.

0 Likes
Highlighted
15 0 0

I've been using Sharasale for our affiliate program, and it works great. STUPID easy to integrate into Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I think I can handle stupid easy. Do you feel that it gets results? I have read that many customers who are about to check out anyways, search for the codes that affiliates put up so that the results are not all "real".

1 Like
Highlighted
15 0 0

It depends. In our case, we have a strong social presence, as well as good relationships with a couple of "Deals & Steals" blogs. For us, it's a no brainer. Thousands of hits a day reach those blogs & their social media outlets, and we see the revenue from deals of ours that they share. You also have the ability when you create a deal, to make it exclusive to a particular affiliate, so that coupon farm sites don't reap any commisions from your sale, just the folks you specify.

0 Likes