After I purchased domain from shopify, tried change to primary but not working

Amoy1026
1 0 0

Hello,

I think l need some help here about my domain. So I purchased from shopify today. I have finished all the step that about verification email. And domain is showing from SSL to connected too. However, when l change my original one to the new one as primary domain. It would show this in following.

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in amoyhomedecor.ca.

• If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1697 180 498

Hey there, @Amoy1026 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards.

I can see that this issue has been resolved since you posted. For future reference, it can take up to 24 hours for a domain to be ready to become the primary domain - even if it appears that it is SSL certified immediately. This is totally normal and will resolve itself in 24-hours much like it appears to have done so in this case. 

Your store is shaping up really nicely by the way! You are doing some great work on it. I would recommend reading my Buyer Trust 101 guide before launching to make sure that you are not missing anything before bringing customers to your store. We also have this essential launch checklist which is super useful.

Best of Luck,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes