Afterpay communicating slowly with Shopify inventory. Going negative!

Highlighted

So I've been using Afterpay as a payment option on our site for 2 big launches so far, and both have created large problems for our inventory.

I've spoken to Support about this and was told there is no solution and a giant shrug. Was wondering if anyone else is having this issue too? It seems like it would be a huge common issue for anyone with high traffic so I feel like I can't be the only one....

What happens is we set up inventory numbers and do NOT want to oversell. However, due to high traffic on launch days, people are checking out with Shopify but also checking out with Afterpay in the exact same minute which makes us go negative in inventory. There seems to be a communication issue between the two and somehow Afterpay is allowing payment to go through successfully without having sufficient inventory on Shopify. It's creating SUCH a headache when we oversell and the only way to stop it is by taking the product down off the site entirely. Which, actually didn't work last time. I took the product off the site and somehow orders still came through during that minute....

Has anyone encountered this? 

I really don't want to take down Afterpay as an option because it is SO popular and helpful when selling... but it creates a giant headache. I don't know what to do.

Help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Just had the same thing happen to me this evening.

Sucks that it's nearly 2020 and the payment gateway can't communicate with each other.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
So I'm guessing there's still no fix on the issue yet…?
0 Likes
2 0 0
Nope they told me I was SOL unfortunately
0 Likes