Afterpay - no dynamic checkout button

jim88
1 0 1

I've configured AfterPay and the option is there once we get past the shipping form to make the payment.

I'm trying to find out if it's possible for AfterPay to have a dynamic checkout button on the cart just like Paypal, Google pay etc.

This is what I see from the cart:

image.png

I can see this information is coming from the tag "{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}".

I read that this from the server side and can't be modified.

Can AfterPay be added? Or it's not supported?

Thanks

Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1972 143 421

Hey, @jim88!

Dynamic Checkout buttons do not currently support Afterpay as an accelerated checkout option. If a branded button appears, and you have one, or all of these payment options enabled in your store, then the customer will see one of the following options (whichever is applicable based on device and browser): 

If none of these apply, or if none of them are enabled in your store, then an unbranded button will appear with the "Buy Now" text. You can learn more about our Dynamic checkout buttons in our help centre here.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ClocksSovereign
1 0 0

Hi, is the Afterpay Express Checkout in the works? This would help greatly, please advise an ETA

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1972 143 421

@ClocksSovereign 

I'm afraid I can not disclose whether or not Afterpay Dynamic checkout buttons are in the works, nor am I able to provide an ETA on when a feature is added. I've added your vote to the feature request so our teams know there is further interest in getting this added to the platform. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes