Afterpay wont display on my website

Solved
windandwillowco
2 0 1

Hey Julie, 

I am having the same issue as some other people. 

I have been approved for Afterpay and they have said it is fully functional on my website but Afterpay wont appear at checkout. 

www.windandwillowco.com 

Thanks for your help 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 66 202

Hey, @windandwillowco!

Thanks for hopping into the conversation and I appreciate you sharing the link to your store. Your rainbow products are super cute, by the way!

Taking a look at your product pages, I can see the Afterpay logo directly above the Add to Cart button. I also see Afterpay as a payment option in your online checkout, directly on the Payment page. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing here on my end: 

20-12-c5xts-l5ab0

Have you had a chance to reach this stage in the checkout? If you can share a screenshot of what you're seeing instead, that would be super helpful.

Looking forward to your update!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
windandwillowco
2 0 1
Hey Julie,

Silly me - I was looking at express checkout and not standard - that’s why I couldn’t see Afterpay at checkout.

Thanks for your help
kbstaff
Tourist
3 0 1

Help! I'm in a similar situation. I have set up my account with Afterpay, but when I save my Merchant ID and key, only my Merchant ID saves. 

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 66 202

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kbstaff

Thanks for hopping into the conversation! Have you had a chance to check with Afterpay to make sure you're using the correct key? This could be an account-related issue, in which case Afterpay will be able to provide you with guidance. 

If your account credentials are correct and your Afterpay account is completely activated, then it sounds like it could be a browser issue given the fact that the key isn't saving. In this case, you'll just want to ensure that you are using a supported browser; we recommend Google Chrome. It's also a good idea to clear your cache and perhaps try again using a different device or internet connection.

Let me know how that goes!

kbstaff
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Julie! I was trying to accept your solution, but it wasn't linked. Thank you so much, 

Adam109
Tourist
6 0 2

So I am trying to set up after pay, I have added it as an alternative, I have added the secret key for my account, I have added the code found on their documentation, but it still doesn't appear in the checkout. 
Thankyou in advanced!

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.32.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.31.06 pm.png

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
834 66 202

Hi @Adam109!

Thanks for sharing the link to your store and including that screenshot. 

Based on the screenshot you shared, it looks like you're still on the Information page in the checkout, rather than the Payment page. On the Information page, you'll only see express checkout options, which generally included accelerated payment gateways like Shop Pay, PayPal Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Amazon Pay. These options save returning customers' payment and shipping information, allowing for a faster checkout process. 

When you get to the Payment page in the checkout, you'll see the option to pay with credit card (through Shopify Payments), PayPal, or Afterpay. I just proceeded through your checkout and Afterpay is indeed an available option. Here's what I see when I'm on that page: 

21-01-ve9ee-4tjp7

So, it looks like you're all set and you should be able to accept payments with Afterpay now! Let me know if you have any further questions.

0 Likes
Adam109
Tourist
6 0 2

I spent a stupid amount of time on this for no reason... 
Thankyou, i feel silly, but appreciate it!