Afterpay wont display on my website

Solved
BabyCoShine
Tourist
7 0 1

i recently added afterpay to my store but its not displayed anywhere and isnt showing on my product page 

williamb
Tourist
8 0 2

It appears to be showing on this product page: https://babycoshine.com/products/baby-safe-bpa-free-banana-teether-toy

Screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 9.15.56 AM.png

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 71 209

Hi, @BabyCoShine!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for sharing the link to your store. Unlike @williamb, I'm not able to see the Afterpay logo on your product page. However, when testing your checkout, I do see that Afterpay is an available payment method. Have you made any theme changes since @williamb's reply? 

I took a look at this help doc from the Afterpay Help Center and it looks like some custom code is required in order to add Afterpay to your product page specifically. Afterpay's help doc outlines exactly how you will need to edit your theme's code to achieve this. 

Are you also wanting to add the Afterpay logo to your website's footer? If so, I recommend checking out this forum post. There, you'll find instructions from other merchants who are also using this payment gateway and were successfully able to add the logo to their footer.

I'm curious to know if you've made any theme changes or edited your theme's code at all. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Catrinnarenee
1 0 0

I cant get afterpay button to show at checkout.

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 71 209

Hey, @Catrinnarenee! Thanks for joining in on the conversation.

In order for customers to see Afterpay as a payment option, you will need to have added this particular gateway in your payments settings. Do you have Afterpay enabled in Settings > Payment providers? Have you already created an account with Afterpay? 

If you can share the link to your store, I'll be able to take a look at your online checkout so I can better assist.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Yash93
1 0 1

hi 

I have the same issue, after pay is not available at checkout. I've made it available in payment options I'm not sure on what else to do. 

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 71 209

Hey, @Yash93!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. 

Is the Afterpay option only missing from your online checkout, or are you not seeing it on your product pages either?

In order to successfully offer Afterpay on your Shopify store, you will need to follow Afterpay's installation instructions, which can be found here. Keep in mind that this also requires you to create an account with Afterpay, at which point you'll be provided with a Merchant ID and Secret Key that you'll just need to enter on Shopify's end, over in Settings > Payments.

If you've already created an Afterpay account and have completed the installation instructions, but still aren't seeing the Afterpay option, please feel free to share your store link here. I'd be happy to take a look at the checkout on my end. 

Looking forward to your response!

0 Likes
Nilaygajera
1 0 0

I have added afterpay as an alternative payment method I have followed all instruction but afterpay is not showing as below.shopify-pdp-au.png{D867853D-5125-404B-8A28-592A2A31F72A}.png.jpg

0 Likes
glam123
Tourist
3 0 1

Added my merchant key and code and after pay isn't displayed on my website or at checkout

Not sure what to do about this ?

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
860 71 209

Hey, @Nilaygajera and @glam123!

Thanks for joining in. I'd be glad to offer some insight here. To keep things simple, I'll reply to each of your questions here.

@Nilaygajera - I appreciate you sharing those screenshots. In the first screenshot, I see Afterpay as an option. Is this a screenshot taken from your own online store? If so, you should be seeing Afterpay as a payment method in the checkout. If you're not seeing it in the checkout, then it sounds like you haven't yet completed the account setup and you'll just need to follow Afterpay's instructions here

If, on the other hand, Afterpay is an available payment method in your online checkout, but is not showing on your product page, then you'll just need to edit your theme's code by following the instructions outlined in Afterpay's help doc. Once complete, your product page should look just like the first screenshot you shared.

@glam123 - Thanks for confirming that you've entered your Merchant ID and Secret Key on Shopify's end. Next, it would be a good idea to double-check your account settings in Afterpay to ensure that you're not in test mode. Afterpay has some information on this here. As long as your account is configured correctly on Afterpay's end and you have successfully activated it in Shopify, you should see Afterpay as an option on the Payment page within your online checkout.

Finally, if you can both share your store links, that would be super helpful. Looking forward to your response!

0 Likes