Aliexpress China Brand names.

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0
I just open my first Shopify account. Can I post Brands from Aliexpress China Brand(not US)? And can I have Brand showing in the image?
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
476 12 106

Hey, @Hulkster357!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify.

If you see a recognizable name brand on Aliexpress, it's a counterfeit product. China doesn't enforce copyright laws in the same way as North America and European countries. I strongly advise you to avoid products like that so that your business doesn't get disrupted. If a brand owner were to complain to our legal department, you can be forced to remove products like that. If you're using Shopify Payments, it could be put on hold until the counterfeit products are removed. You can view our copyright policy, here

I'm not sure what types of products you're looking to sell but I'll give you some examples. This bottle is in the style of a Swell bottle but it doesn't have their logo on it so you'd be fine to sell it. This bottle is a counterfeit Hydro Flask so the brand owner could force you to remove it. I would also avoid well-known characters such as Disney or Pokemon, well-known clothing brands and electronics brands.

What sort of products were you thinking of selling? Do you have a target audience in mind?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0
Thank you for making that clear! I really appreciate that.
I just opened up a shopify store, and already adding items into my store. But I also have china branded items ( it will be removed as soon as I'm done here).
My store niche is about "Outdoor Sports, Hiking, Bike Riding accessories, Winter/Summer clothes".
Again. Thank you for clearing it up.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
476 12 106

Hey!

You're welcome. 

That sounds like a great niche. It should be easy to target your market. What sort of marketing plans do you have? This guide can help you put one together if you're unsure. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

I am thinking of social media first. Than some paid Ads. 

@Aria wrote:

Hey!

You're welcome. 

That sounds like a great niche. It should be easy to target your market. What sort of marketing plans do you have? This guide can help you put one together if you're unsure. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
476 12 106

I agree it would be great to grow your following and get some traffic from Social Media before paying for ads. 

Instagram is a great platform to start with. We have a great free Instagram Marketing course on Shopify Academy. When you create your Instagram account, make sure you have a few content pillars you can use to create your posts. It's fine to post product images but they shouldn't be in every post. Some things to consider are lifestyle shots of your products in use, general lifestyle shots, motivational quotes, questions to your following, tips, behind the scenes. 

Here are a few outdoor brands who have done well with their Instagram accounts: 

When you're just starting out, you don't need to always have your own images. This blog post has some great resources for free stock images. 

Since over 72% of North American residents are on Facebook, you will most likely want a Facebook business page as well. It will also tie in well when you start to do paid ads. Certainly, the easiest way to grow your page following is to run a Like Campaign. I would make sure you have at least 100 followers before you spend money on product ads. 

I'll leave you with that for now. Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes