Allocating a random number to customer when they purchase

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, i'm wanting to allocate the customer a random number or numbers based on the quantity of products that they buy to go into a draw. Does anyone know how to do this? it would need to allocate a random number say for example between 1-500 upon purchase, give that number to them and myself so that i could do a draw? Obviously numbers could only be used once? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 3

Yes - it can be done as I am having it done for my site- it costs me 500 usd to get a developer to write the code 

@BountyBrothers wrote:

Hi, i'm wanting to allocate the customer a random number or numbers based on the quantity of products that they buy to go into a draw. Does anyone know how to do this? it would need to allocate a random number say for example between 1-500 upon purchase, give that number to them and myself so that i could do a draw? Obviously numbers could only be used once? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

Do you have a developer you used for this please.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Did you get this sorted?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 2 3

Hi

The process would be to generate a random code for each order and push it as a note back to order. You could then add that note to automated emails and also view it yourself.

When you need to you could export a csv file with these values or we can automate a way of randomly selecting a code for you. 

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Cheers Tom, how much are we looking at to develop that code? 

At the moment I would be allocating numbers and then exporting all the order which relate to that competition, and making it available for the entrants to view, however I would like to get to an automated stage where I can export the entrants with there numbers already assigned and then randomly select a winning number.

Cheers 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 2 3

Hey

We have all the Shopify side of things ready to go so we just need to run a batch job to generate a code for each order. It should be a quick job but let me check with my team Monday morning and get back to you.

The beauty of what we have is you can add additional functionality and use our other features at the same time so you aren't building processes separately. I have a client that runs a big store and for his  comp he just selects a user randomly so a code would be much more transparent.

If you don't mind can you shoot me an email to tom@channelup.io and I'll reply through there.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes