Allow COD / Custom Payment type to specific Group of user

Highlighted
1 0 0
I have created the User Group called "House Customer" using tag I need to allow this "House Customer" group user can complete the order without payment (COD Payment Type) But the condition is that "COD - Cash On Delivery" option only for "House Customer" this will not be available for Normal customer Is there any solution to apply this condition on checkout page using custom code/ API / App ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1057 62 124

Hi there Chris!

Don here from Shopify. :)

It's not usually possible to restrict access to payment methods in this way.

An alternative might be to offer COD as a payment method but include some messaging in your store to let customers know that this is a restricted method only available for certain customers and that any other orders will be rejected.

It might be possible to create a restriction using some custom API coding, however as the checkout area is not customisable on our regular plans for security reasons, your store would need to be on Shopify Plus in order to access and edit this.

If you are looking to move up from the Advanced Shopify ($299) plan and need more freedom and functionality to grow your business you can set up a contact from our Plus team here.

A further alternative might be to create draft orders for your eligible customers so that you can mark them as paid manually when your customer pays via COD. This is not ideal, as you would need to create and send out the order for your customer but I wanted to present as many options as possible here.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @Don , 

Is there any update on this now?

0 Likes