Allow users to remove shipping address information?

Shopify Partner
3 0 0
  • Digital Items
  • Local Pick-up Only
  • COD items
  • etc

Why force on your customers?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 0 44

Hey Arthur, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

You definitely can remove the shipping address portion in your Shopify checkout. All you need to do is uncheck that your product requires shipping. Once you do that, when people go through the checkout process, they will only be asked for billing information and a method of payment. 

In order to get this done, you can head to your product page within your Shopify admin and uncheck This product requires shipping from the edit variant menu on a product. Additionally, you can also use our Bulk Edit feature to get this done! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 1

Hi Ann,

Is it possible to pre-define a shipping address and not make it editable for customers? Example: A store that sends purchased items/donations to a specific address. 

Thanks!

1 Like
3 0 0

I have the same question! In the check-out, I would like to have several fixed predefined shipping addresses where customers can choose from. Only that as shipping option! No custom shipping addresses. 

Shopify Guru to the rescue?

0 Likes

Thanks

https://www.gurutechnolabs.com/
0 Likes
1 0 0

Also here for pre-defined and non-editable shipping addresses. I'm hoping there's a solution to this. (cc @Ann)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2184 138 291

Hi everyone,

Nick here from Shopify.

The only type of pre-determined address selection that is native to Shopify would be the in-store pickup option. Other than an in-store pickup, you would need an app to select a custom address or addresses that are pre-determined. You can see some of the most popular apps which would have the ability for this feature below:

It could be worth researching through some of the apps to make sure they can do what you're looking for here. Also, because this feature is not native to Shopify and it seems like it's quite in demand, I will also put it through as a feature request for our product development team for future consideration.

Hope this helps!

Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

I would also like this feature. If i remove 'product requires shipping' I can no longer share the products to my facebook page as it will only accept physical products; but I only allow in-store collection so it is confusing for my customers to put in a shipping address. I would like to either autofill it with the shop address or remove the field completely.

I also have not found a free app that will do this. The ones listed above are all paid.

0 Likes