Allow users to skip billing info on free product?

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey there.

So I am making a website selling digital products and I want to add a free product to draw users/customers to the site. With that, I would like to disable the billing info that is required since it seems ridiculous and may draw people away that they have to input their full name and address to download something for free. I have removed the shipping info by simply ticking the box saying it is a digital product but I really want the billing info gone for this particular product. 

Does anyone know how?

Thanks in advance, Karl

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hi, Karl. 

Leon here from Shopify Support.

I'm afraid that it's not possible to remove the billing address fields from the checkout of your store.  The only changes to the Shopify checkout that can be made are the language used (under Shopify Admin > Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages) and whether or not the shipping address is used as the billing address by default (under Settings > Checkout). 

This means that we can't remove the billing address fields from checkout. The reason for this is because our checkout is a secured page, which we require for to remain PCI compliant. A workaround to avoid this could be using an app like Email before Download which doesn't use the Shopify checkout, but collects emails for free downloads you offer. 

I hope this helps you out! 

Have a great one. 

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Alright, I appreciate the help, Leon. I'll check Emil Before Download out.

Cheers, Karl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have exactly the same question

0 Likes