Allowing members to sell their products.

Tajir
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, If i were to have a site where members could post videos, photos, and details of their products which they want to sell, could it be with Shopify? and if yes then how? My basic requirements are; 

1. SHould allow logged in members to upload videos of their product.

2. Give the rest of the details of the product they want to sell.

3. Upload of photos of the product.

4. I should be able to have individual sellers' catalog.

5. The seller should be able to see his/her individual catalog.

6. And the monetary exchange facilities.

Thank you.

Replies 4 (4)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @Tajir!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

This is a great question! You can absolutely use Shopify to set up a shop where members can sell their own products through your site. This would be considered a multi-vendor shop. While this is not a native feature to Shopify, there are a few applications in the Shopify App Store which were created specifically for this function! A few popular options are Marketplace in a Box, and Multi Vendor Marketplace. Most of the applications (including the two I linked previously) offer a free trial period for you to test out the app and see if it's right for you, but I also suggest checking with the developers of the applications to ensure they can accommodate all of the features you require. App developer contact information can be found on their app listing on the App Store, and we also have some more information here on how to get support from third-party app developers. 

What type of marketplace are you planning to host? Is there a common theme among your vendors? Feel free to reply back here if you need any further assistance! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tajir
Visitor
2 0 1

hi, @Ash,

Thank you. The thing is I need the products shown in one shop! Basically, all products from different sellers are shown in one place. So we have a master catalog on display with product categories. And yes each seller can see a catalog version with only his products as well and so can i. and the customers as well. But primarily a customer sees products from whichever seller depending on the categories. Would you know if any of the plugins work like this? That is if I was able to explain it clearly enough! 

And thank you again. 

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Happy to help, @Tajir!

Your explanation is perfect- I believe I understand exactly what you want! Based on the app descriptions for the two applications I linked above (Marketplace in a Box, and Multi Vendor Marketplace), it sounds like either one would accommodate the type of shop you're looking to set up. Your different vendors would have access to their own portals to upload and manage their products, but all of the products from each vendor would still be hosted on your shop. Here's a demo shop that Multi Vendor Marketplace has on their app page to help demonstrate what their app provides. I suggest checking that out to compare if it's close to what you have in mind!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sharad_Kabra
Shopify Partner
58 1 7

Hello @Tajir 

I think the suggestions of @Ash are perfect for your use case. You could also have a look at https://apps.shopify.com/SHIPTURTLE as another app which looks like it fits your bill perfectly well.

Im the owner of this app and would love to hear your thoughts in case we are missing out on any feature.

Cheers

Sharad

www.shipturtle.com | +91 9022316865 | sharad@shipturtle.com