Alternative payment methods - Klarna/clearpay

Martinbailey
10 0 0

Hi,

Looking to add another payment method to our site like Klarna or Clearplay. I understand it would be added as an Alternative payment method but I wanted to know if this would Incur any charges from Shopify when this method is used for payment?

Funds would be paid directly to our bank account and not through Shopify payments.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Replies 6 (6)

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hello @Martinbailey !

Yes, absolutely - if your customers pay using an alternative payment method, you will be charged a transaction fee. To avoid transaction fees, activate Shopify Payments.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks,

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
Martinbailey
10 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

We have activated and already use Shopify payments,  will the  transaction fee still apply using an alternative payment method like Klarna?

Thanks again

DigitalArtisans
Shopify Partner
378 58 88

Hi @Martinbailey 

Yes, absolutely. The transaction fee still apply using an alternative payment method.

Thanks, 

Digital Artisans

Hatim Ayoub | Designer | Developer
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted
Martinbailey
10 0 0

Thank you!

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @Martinbailey,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Using any third-party payment gateway (that is, any gateway that is not Shopify Payments) will incur transaction fees. There's more information on that here. The only means of accepting payments and not incurring transaction fees is to either use Shopify Payments or to offer manual payment options.

Have a look over all that and let me know if anything is unclear, I'm happy to explain more if needs be!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Martinbailey
10 0 0

Great, thank you!