Am I doing something wrong?

Highlighted
2 0 0

I've only been at this for a few weeks now. I have tried learning everything about dropshipping on YouTube and whatever else I could find, and I have learned a lot. I made my first sale yesterday, but nothing after that. I get a lot of traffic but no sales. This makes me think that there is something wrong with my store. I'm sure there are some things I haven't done right that is off putting when people go on my site. I've tried to figure everything out on my own, but I feel like I'm still doing something wrong here. I'm not sure what to do. I would would love some tips on what I could do to make my store look more appealing, and some insight on what I am doing wrong.

Currently on my store I am selling Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, and Doctor Who items. I plan on adding more collections like Game of Thrones and other popular stuff. My idea is to have a niche themed store dedicated to selling items of different fandoms. Perhaps this is the problem? I would like for this to work, but I am fairly new at all of this. Would anyone have any tips on what I could do here? 

My store is https://nichekeep.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
434 0 71

Hi, Cari!

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

You have done such a wonderful job at building your online store! It's clear that you have been working very hard these past few weeks learning about dropshipping and I just wanted to first take the time to congratulate you on launching your website! I took a thorough look at your website and have some feedback for you to consider. 

1) You may want to consider getting a domain name for your website. You can purchase a domain name from Shopify starting from $14 USD/year when you click Online Store > Domains > and select Buy New Domain. You can also purchase a domain name from a third-party domain provider and use that domain name for your Shopify store. I did some digging and found that Shopify has many options available for names that are similar to Niche Keep. Go Daddy also has some suggestions that are similar to your business name that are .99 cents for the year here

2) I'm not sure if you have setup Shopify Payments as your payment provider but if you have we recommend turning your Fraud Protection settings on. To do this, click Settings > Payments > click Edit on Shopify Payments and check both boxes that say Decline charges that fail CVV verification and Decline charges that fail Zip code verification. Click Save when you are done.

3) It's very important to have a Refund Policy on your website. Even if you do not accept returns, we still recommend having a Refund Policy so that your customers have full knowledge of how your business handles returns. We have a help document here on how to create a Refund Policy using the template from Shopify. After following the steps in the help document that I sent you will want to follow the steps here as well so that you can create a page for your Refund Policy on your website.

4) On your website, you have the product vendor listed for each product (like this: https://screenshot.click/29-16-3k6cv-jcfge.jpg). It's a bit repetitive and does not need to be there. You can make the product vendor hidden from your theme by clicking Online Store > click Customize next to your theme. When you are in the theme editor, on your website under Catalog - select any of your collections > click Collection Pages on the left sidebar > uncheck the box that says Show product vendor. Click Save on the bottom of the page when you are done. 

5) The images of the wands on your slideshow are not the best choice in my opinion. I'm a Harry Potter fan myself but when I went to your website I thought that you were selling pool cues at first. The image that you have on the top of your website need to capture your customers' attention and peek their interest. It's going to be what keeps people on your website. The images do not need to be flashy but they do need to be well done. It's important to also have the images in your slideshow all be the same size. If you visit your website and look at your slideshow, you will see that your website moves up and down as the slideshow is playing because the images in your slideshow are different sizes. The recommended size images for your themes slideshow are 1280 x 460px. You can be flexible with this measurement - just remember to keep all of your images the exact same size. When selecting images for your slideshow it is also important to not select an image with text because the text will crop when you are viewing your website on mobile.

6) The Taris Necklaces should be written as Taris Necklace instead. This way your customers know that they will be receiving one necklace for the price they are paying instead of all of them.

7) You can customize your order notifications and add your logo by clicking Settings > Notifications > click the Customize button on the left side. 

8) Your Shopify store has several integrations called Sales Channels that you can use to connect your business to other platforms such as Facebook! We have more information about Sales Channels here. You can see the full list of Sales Channels that are available in your Shopify admin when you click on the plus sign above Online Store and underneath Apps.

Have a wonderful day and best wishes with your store! 

∩(︶▽︶)∩

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you so much! That was really really helpful! I'll get right on that. I really appreciate it! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

This drug combination is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that its effects on an unborn baby are not known. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.

0 Likes
2 0 0

This drug combination is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that its effects on an unborn baby are not known. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.

0 Likes
15 0 0

hi cari joy:

are you interested selling 3D printing travel accessories suitcase protective covers?school backpack,women handbag,apron,messenger bag etc?very fashion 3D Printing.

please check my store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3866052

we work with some peoples and offer drop shipping for them,they run the business well,earn much profites

if you are interested in this,please contact us,you also could reach me at email zengandy111@gmail.com,thank you so much.

zeng

0 Likes