Amazon Affiliate and Shopify - Way to transmit Shopify orders into Amazon Affiliate account?

Shopify Expert
2 0 0

We would like to sell every product through Shopify.  We currently have products set up that when purchased our customers are taken to our Amazon Affiliate site and check out there.  We want the customer to still be able to purchase these products without leaving Shopify and for the order to be sent to the appropriate vendor on our Amazon account.  Is this possible?  We can set up the products using an app (pushing to Amazon and Shopify) but all the apps we see connect to a normal Amazon storefront not the affiliate version.  Fullfillment by Amazon doesn't seem to be the answer either.  Any ideas?  

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 47

Hi Carly,

It sounds like the products on Amazon are not products that you stock in your store, is that right? Rather that your customers are redirected there? So it sounds like you would technically become a dropshipper!

To have your customers stay on Shopify for the full sale, you would need to add the products to your Shopify admin, and have them link to a regular cart and checkout from there

You are then able to either add dropshippers in the shipping section which link products to an email address for fulfillment when an order goes through, or to create your own fulfillment option if you wish, which you would need to create with a developer- https://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/shipping/fulfillment-services#custom

Anne :)

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

Anne,  That sounds like exactly what we need.  I just called Amazon and they do not accept orders via email.  Have you seen any other stores use this?  Is there a work around?  Thanks! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 0 47

Hi Carly,

Ah ok, that is a pity! I have not seen any stores myself that I'd necessarily notice, but dropshipping stores work like other stores in most sections! And we don't have any apps for this, I had a good look in the app store and don't see anything there!

If you wish it might be worth reaching out to a Shopify expert developer to see if they can help- https://experts.shopify.com- however it sounds like something that Amazon would need to be able to support, and if they don't accept email orders, then I don't see it being very possible!

Hopefully other forum users will be able to see your post and share their experinces too!

Thanks Carly

Anne :)

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Anne

Thank you for the reply. This was my question to as I am an Amazon affiliate. But how will payment from the customer then work, and ofcourse, to me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
298 0 149

Hey Verna! 

Once you have inventory figured out, customers can buy items through your store using a payment gateway: https://help.shopify.com/manual/payments

We offer Shopify Payments to supported countries, but there will also be a variety of providers available where you live.

The customer pays using the gateway of your choice, and then the money is sent to your account. For example with Shopify Payments the money is deposited into a bank account of your choosing , while with Paypal payments go into your Paypal account and you can withdraw them as you need them.

Hope that helps!

- Alex

0 Likes