Amazon Channel: Connecting Amazon.ca and .com simultaneously

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there!

I'm a Shopify partner that has recently migrated a new client to Shopify. Overall, things are going well except we have two Shopify storefronts (for Canada and the USA) and it seems we can only connect our Amazon Seller Central account to one of the two.

This is a problem for us as we are selling on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca and wanted to connect those channels to their respective Shopify storefronts. Is there any ETA for when this might get added/fixed? Alternative approaches are welcome also.

Thanks,

Jacques

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
106 0 8

Hi Jacques,

Shopify's integration with Amazon only works in the US, so you won't be able to add the Canadian Amazon account to Shopify.

There are a few apps that will work though. For inventory management, you can use the ByteStand app. It will keep all your quantities, price changes, etc. in sync between Amazon and Shopify. To send your Shopify orders to Amazon for fulfillment, you can use the FBA Shipping app. Both of them work throughout North America, so connecting them to a Canadian Amazon account is no problem.

Hope that helps!

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi Jacques,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Shopify's integration with the Amazon sales channel does work for both in USD (for Amazon.com) and in CAD (for Amazon.ca). Something to note is that you can only use the Amazon sales channel with the region that matches your store currency on Shopify. You mentioned you have two storefronts which I am guessing are in both CAD and USD. Would you be able to confirm that to help shed some light on why this could be happening? 

Shopify has a detailed document going into the eligibility requirements for the Amazon sales channel which you can see here that might also answer some questions for you. Is there any other information you can share (as well as the store URLs) which you think would be good to know for this case specifically? It could also be worth going through all the steps in the setting up process for Amazon to make sure everything is in order fo reach storefront also. 

Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
106 0 8

Hi Nick,

I see you're talking about the Amazon sales channel, while I was talking about the Amazon fulfillment service. Sorry, I should have asked which one Jacques was referring to!

I noticed that Shopify removed Amazon from the fulfillment services section a couple of months ago, and the link in the help documents to set it up was removed just recently. Is Shopify moving towards only supporting the sales channel in the future?

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi Todd, 

Not to worry, I thought Jacques was talking about the sales channel from the way the post was phrased, but you are absolutely correct in saying that the Amazon fulfillment service is only available for stores in the United States. You can see the help document for how to set up fulfillment by Amazon here. You are also correct in saying that an app is the best way around getting fulfillment by Amazon for a country outside of the USA. There are several apps in the Shopify app store for Amazon fulfillment which can help with this which you can see here

Hopefully, that helps and answers your question Todd as well as shows, Jacques, what his options are should he be talking about the fulfillment side of things. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
2 0 0

Sorry for the late reply, guys.

Nick - I am indeed talking about the Amazon sales channel. Not FBA.

You mentioned you have two storefronts which I am guessing are in both CAD and USD. Would you be able to confirm that to help shed some light on why this could be happening? 

This is correct. We have two Shopify storefronts - one for Canada (CAD) and USA (USD).

We were able to successfully link the Amazon.ca sales channel with our Canadian storefront but the minute we want to connect Amazon.com to the USD storefront, we get an error saying that our Amazon Seller Central account can only be connected to one Shopify storefront at a time.

Hence, because we've linked our Shopify Canada storefront to our Amazon.ca account, we're unable to connect our Shopify USD storefront to Amazon.com. Both Amazon.ca and Amazon.com share the same seller central account for us.

This is a huge inconvenience as I would prefer to not have to go use another 3rd party solution to integrate this with Shopify. When you add up all of the monthly fees for Shopify, plus the app store fees, and now this, the monthly bill gets hefty for the client. 

I'm not sure if this is something Shopify can improve upon quickly or not, but when I spoke to support they didn't have any ETA.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi Jacques, 

Ah ok great, thanks for confirming it is the Amazon Sales channel you were referring to. 

Yes, our support team was correct in saying that you only connect their Amazon Seller Central account to one Shopify store. So in this case, you'd need to have two Amazon Seller Accounts, one in USD and one in CAD here. 

I completely understand how this is an inconvenience for you though and what I will do is submit a feature request on your behalf for this. Having a real example of how this can improve a business is great to use when submitting a feature request to the team also.

All the best, Nick

0 Likes