Amazon Fulfillment and Shopify Integration

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have called 2 different shopify support representatives today and got the same answer that I just can't believe to be true.  I fulfill some of my products through my warehouse and an inventory & shipping software that has an integration set up with shopify and it flows perfectly when a customer orders.  I have some products that I currently do FBA with and I want to sell on my shopify site but simply have amazon fulfill them.  I followed all of the steps and configured everything correctly with shipping, etc.  I placed the test order and it didn't come across to Amazon.  I called and shopify told me that you have to click on continue, select the shipping method (that is already checked in checkout) and hit fulfill.  They said that there is no way around it but you would have to manually do that for every order placed.  There is no way that shopify can't create an integration if Amazon is requesting it to be marked as fulfilled then simply mark it as fulfilled if Amazon is the fulfillment company.  If I sell hundreds of these a day I would have to have a full time employee just click on every order and hit the exact same button every time.  There is no way that my fulfillment service for my warehouse has this integration but shopify and Amazon do not.

The potential money that shopify is losing because nobody would fulfill by Amazon through shopify if they were large enough - you would just send customers to amazon and then shopify loses the credit card transactions on hundreds of transactions per day?

Please tell me someone on here has this figured out and I wasn't the first one to identify it.

Thank you very much!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
34 0 3

Hey there!

Jared here from the Shopify Guru Team! I can definitely understand your concern here with needing to fulfill the orders automatically so as not to spend a huge amount of time getting your FBA items to your customers. Unfortunately though this information you've been given is true. You are able to set fulfillment to automatic from manual, but this would apply for all orders and not apply to specific orders or specific products.

There is good news though! There is a workaround app called ShipStation. You can checkout the app here: https://apps.shopify.com/shipstation

This app allows you to setup certain levels of automation for your orders through certain variables. For instance you can set it up so that when an order containts item SKU: 12356 it will "Automatically send fulfillment request to fulfillment provider". 

See my screenshot below as an example:

I hope this helps somewhat! =)

Jared | @Shopify

0 Likes
17 0 0

This is defintely an odd situation. The Amazon 3PL linkage is not great for someone doing their own fulfillment. Now it is possible for a fulfillment center like Ships-a-Lot.com to link all of this together and make it auotmated without any hands on. If you're at the stage of outsourcing fulfillment this might be a great option for you. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/zachzitney
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks Zach but we are not doing our own fulfillment - Amazon is doing the fulfillment - that is what is so frustrating!

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks so much Jared but that does not help becuase the skus in Amazon are the same as my products in shopify - I just fulfill some through Amazon so I would have to change the skus to make this work that way - right?

It just doesn't make sense that if Amazon requires the exact same field to be marked every time then a developer could easily say mark that box every time and send to Amazon.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
34 0 3

Hey!

Actually the SKU's being the same is what's going to help you here. With Shipstation Automation, you're telling it to automatically fulfill the Shopify orders that contain whatever SKU's are fulfilled by Amazon.

So if you get an order on Shopify for SKU: 123ABC that is fulfilled by Amazon, Shipstation is going to see that 123ABC is a product that needs to be fulfilled right away. ShipStation will mark the order as fulfilled on Shopify which in turn notifies Amazon of this order and that they need to go ahead and fulfill that product. It basically just presses the fulfill order button on your behalf, saving you a bunch of time.  =)

Jared | @Shopify

0 Likes
3 0 0

New here and would like to import our Amazon inventory but have not seen how to yet. Looking for a way to import that makes inventory available accross all platforms, Mobile, Desktop, and various Operating Systems.

we have no desire to reinventory all of our products and will not be able to continue if that is the case.

Also cannot get the Paypal email changed to the correct Paypal email address.

Thank in advance

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
107 0 13

Hi eveyone,

Our app pulls inventory from Amazon - ByteStand

And then we have another app that integrates the fulfilment process without having to provide 100 different shipping rates thru Shopify - FBA Shipping by ByteStand

Hope that helps

Todd

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
3 0 0

So Why does it only allow moving forward with a $100 activation fee when it says $20 per month and seven days free. We are looking for free integration like Bonanza since you will make money off each sale anyway.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
107 0 13

Hmm.. sorry for any confusion on the pricing.. But pulling 100 SKUs is free for 7 days, and then if you have less than 100 SKUs its just $10/month with no activiation fee.. If you have more than yes its more.

But then making money off of each sale?? I WISH we did, but we don't. With ByteStand we're just moving inventory, and with FBA shipping we're just helping you fulfill your items with FBA. But as for sales, we don't have anything to do with that..

Thanks for the questions!

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes