Amazon Sales Channel Broken

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

So I tried listing stuff this weekend using the Amazon sales channel.  I was initially hitting 502 bad gateways, and figured a mini consumer DDOS due to Black Friday.  So I walked away.  I came back a day later and was able to post inventory to the amazon sales channel just fine, and achieve the pending status.  

It has now been days and all of my stuff is still pending.  I contacted support, they blamed amazon initially.  I called amazon, and there is nothing wrong with my account and they never recieved a listing.  

I told support at shopify and they said they would look into it.  I am sure something is broke on the backend of the shopify app, but nothing has changed for days.  I cannot list any inventory, and I am not confident that Amazon orders would be comming through either.  Rock and a Hard place right now.  

Anyone else have trouble listing to Amazon through shopify Amazon sales channel?

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm having the same issue! I also email Shopify support twice and never got an answer.

@danile666 did you use a UPC or EAN barcode? The only thing I did different this time was switching to an EAN barcode.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I have a GTIN exception which means I do not need a upc or ean code.  You should definitely look into that.  Support did finally get me to teir 2 and they claimed it had to do with the character count in my keyword field.  They told me limit it to 250 characters.  So I made a listing with 130 characters in that field and it worked.  The other two listings I pushed to 240 failed again.  

So I am waiting to find out what the actual finite character limit for the keyword field is as stuffing that is highly adviseable.  

TL;DR - Try cutting your keywords or tags to under 150 characters and see if that works.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Thanks for the tip. I’ll test it and see what happens but I have never had an issue would the character count of 250.
0 Likes
Highlighted

You cannot use a GTIN exemption with the Shopify Amazon Channel.  Told this direct from Shopify support.

0 Likes