Amazon UPC codes for POD products

Highlighted

I'm getting ready to put my POD products on Amazon.  Being a legal secretary, I figured that I don't own the products, so the UPC codes shouldn't come from me, but the POD vendor.   And it seems I am right!

I emailed Printify support, and they so-o-o came up to the plate!!  They gave me a form with a Printify signature to send to Amazon to get an UPC/GTIN exemption, and even gave me the link at Amazon.

Haven't gotten a response from Amazon yet, but it looks like it will work!  (I'll post here if it goes through.)

My other POD vendor, SPOD, hasn't answered my email yet.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hello, 

We are sorry to hear you haven't got a response about this. It could well be the holiday season rush that is delaying a response. We have our legal department checking the form, and after our CEO will sign it we will publish it for download on our website. 

Thanks, 

Adam 

0 Likes
Highlighted

SPOD created a page for their GTIN exemption (thanks).  Here's SPOD's information page, https://faq.spod.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010907300-How-to-get-a-GTIN-exemption-form#article.

With both Printify and SPOD exemption letters, Amazon has quickly given me the GTIN exemption!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, curious to know if you have success in uploading your POD procuct to amazon. I am in a nightmare \ quagmire situation and looking for answers. I got GTIN exceptions but prodcut uploads are not happening for the last 3 weeks and no tracking,. let me know how your situation worked out

@TeesBySusan wrote:

I'm getting ready to put my POD products on Amazon.  Being a legal secretary, I figured that I don't own the products, so the UPC codes shouldn't come from me, but the POD vendor.   And it seems I am right!

I emailed Printify support, and they so-o-o came up to the plate!!  They gave me a form with a Printify signature to send to Amazon to get an UPC/GTIN exemption, and even gave me the link at Amazon.

Haven't gotten a response from Amazon yet, but it looks like it will work!  (I'll post here if it goes through.)

My other POD vendor, SPOD, hasn't answered my email yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The only way I've found is use the app Codisto to integrate from Shopify to Amazon.  Yes, it's another cost, but it's so worth it.  You just forward the GTIN exemption to Codisto support and they change a setting, and you're good to go.  I must say, though, that it has taken 6 weeks to finally get the Shopify/Codisto/Amazon integration working, but once it works, it's fantastic!  Also, if you use a POD app that doesn't show quantity (n/a) in the quantity column in your product listing like Printify, you have to go an extra step in Codisto to manually put in a quantity.  Amazon doesn't accept a product with a 0 inventory.  Can't tell you all the glitches I've had to work out in the past 6 weeks, but I'm up and running now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Susan, with the codisto app, do you have to manually push orders through to printify or does it automatically send them over from amazon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am trying to figure out how to add products to my amazon channel without UPC codes. I have a GTIN exemption for my category, but the Shopify UI throws an error if I don't include a valid UPC code with each variant. 

I had this working previously with a different shopify account so I'm confused why it isn't here.

Some things I'll mention in case they are potential issues: My amazon account is the free / personal type (downgraded, at some point in the past it was the $40/month pro type). Also, previously had the amazon account connected to a different shopify account, and have not removed the listings that were created via the other account. I don't see why either of these should directly cause this error but that doesn't mean they couldn't. 

Any suggestions? Thanks. 

0 Likes